Author Topic: Dingoo hovering over the bin.  (Read 2944 times)

Dastardly

Dingoo hovering over the bin.
« on: June 16, 2010, 05:09:45 pm »
I have had no end of trouble with my new dingo.

1: Non of the roms I installed on the native os worked as the graphics were all garbled
2: On day two it just bricked and I had un brick.
3: Tried altering to dual boot which eventually worked but not in the same way as in the idiots guide.

Why is it hovering over the bin you ask? Because having tried umpteen local packs and formatting the integral  brand SD card this way and that way on no less the 4 xp machines it hangs on the dingux logo screen.

There should be warring on the box ?warning may contain badly thrown together components and will perform in a random manner when confronted with other operating systems! If you have purchased  one of the many made on Friday afternoon apply hammer to everything in you vicinity?

Should I get a different sd card?garghh I can?t stop.

eule

• * Former Staff
Re: Dingoo hovering over the bin.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 06:13:54 pm »
Format the SD again (FAT32), copy zImage, copy rootfs, copy localpack (in this order!).
 ;)
As for garbled graphics, i guess it?s NeoGeo roms? I think new Dingoos somehow have problems with NeoGeo emulation, what roms did you try?

Don?t throw it into the bin, give it a child instead.  :D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 06:17:41 pm by eule »

darfgarf

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 06:47:24 pm »
i vote give it to someone that can handle a simple piece of tech...oh wait, a child  :P

could be the sd card, never heard of integral

Dastardly

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 07:37:12 pm »
I tried to give it to a child but he ran off... screaming something about grooming

Since the lights are on but nobody who can work the door is at home in the dingoonity house I will try another sd card...
 :P

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 07:38:48 pm by Dastardly »

Bouvrie

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 09:04:34 pm »
The symptom is described in here. If none of the suggestions work and you manage to solve it, please post it there. :)
Write/save problems? Segmentation faults? Black screens? Read the Troubleshooting and FAQ guide first to fix your issues! :)
SD Card readonly/corruption issues? Chkdisk /F and steer clear from DMenu: use GMenu instead!

joyrider

• Willems Soft
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 09:09:50 pm »
how about a sticker labeled "not for idiots" ?

Dastardly

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 09:29:48 pm »
You would have probably only peeled it off and continued.. ;D

But anyway enough of that, it's not helping.. I have tried everything in the trouble shooting guide apart from trying another SD card. If that works I will advise people to stay away from the brand of sd card I am currently using.

pinkeen

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 02:05:40 am »
Why is it hovering over the bin you ask? Because having tried umpteen local packs and formatting the integral  brand SD card this way and that way on no less the 4 xp machines it hangs on the dingux logo screen.

I had the same problem.The original booboo's guide says that you should partition your sd card. But the latest kernels (that from Bouchi and SiENcE) don't look for a partition but they assume that your whole card is formatted with FAT32 (without even a single partition).

I tried adding only one partition formatted with FAT32 and it also hang on the dingux logo. In my case it helped formatting the whole card. In linux you just write mkfs.vfat -F32 -I /dev/sdx (where x is your card, the -I switch is to force this operation because nobody likes no partitions). HTH