Author Topic: A380 (and indeed any Dingoo) virgin needs help updating firmware  (Read 2724 times)

twisty2k7

A380 (and indeed any Dingoo) virgin needs help updating firmware
« on: February 26, 2012, 05:00:45 pm »
I have an A380 and have downloaded firmware file v20020.img

What do I do with it to update my firmware???  I can follow instructions but am not very tech minded so need as much help as anyone can give me

twisty2k7

Re: A380 (and indeed any Dingoo) virgin needs help updating firmware
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 06:12:23 pm »
I know the A380 is really unpopular but if anyone can help, i'd really appreciate it

zipaway

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 01:18:44 am »
Hello I also own an a380.

One recommendation I have for you is to not post anything about the a380 anywhere else other than in the a380 section of the forums because you will likely get overlooked by all the a320 people.

Now regarding the firmware upgrade you wish to undertake here are the basic steps:

Download:

Disk Image Writer for Windows: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/525714/win32diskimager-binary.zip
SD formatter 3.1 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

( you could try formatting using the default windows formatter but I ran into an weird glitch that made my SD 1gb everytime )
Using the SD formatter tool I provided in the link should be safer to use.

Okay so first of all backup all the emulators and all the folders. (copy and paste them to computer)
Then you must unscrew your dingoo a380 and take out the micro sd that is shown in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28l_jvesCWw

Be very careful pulling the dingoo apart or you might rip out the speaker wires.

So once you got hold of the micro sd pop that micro sd into your computer by putting it in a sd adapter or usb adapter, or maybe even putting it in your cellphone and using your cellphone as some sort of adapter  :P

Once your done that you need to use the SD formatter to format the micro sd. It should not be too hard. Just select the drive your micro sd is in and select format.

Then use Disk Image Writer tool to write the the firmware file to the micro sd. ( not hard either )

Then just pop ur micro sd back into your dingoo, screw your dingoo back up. Turn it on then reset by pressing the small reset button on the side with something pointy. Turn it on plug it into your computer then place the emulator folders and all the other folders back to where they originally were.

And there you go. Phew!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 01:23:23 am by zipaway »

Alien Grey

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 09:41:18 am »
Don't overwrite your original Dingoo A380. Go out and spend some money on a good quality MicroSD. Your Dingoo A380 is going to be a lot more responsive and you still have your original A380 MicroSD as a bachup when you fail to write the image to your MicroSD.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

twisty2k7

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 06:19:31 pm »
Thanks, I haven't been able to find a description of the process from start to finish.  Thanks very much for your time put into this