Author Topic: USB Controller Port  (Read 10990 times)

GideonB

USB Controller Port
« on: October 28, 2009, 07:39:59 pm »
Would it be possible to create a piece of firmware which allows you to plug in a second controller to the mini-usb port? This would useful for playing those games which are boring with only one player :s

andYManOne

Re: USB Controller Port
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 10:32:15 pm »
Would it be possible to create a piece of firmware which allows you to plug in a second controller to the mini-usb port? This would useful for playing those games which are boring with only one player :s
No, thats not possible.

The USB Port on the Dingoo works as a so called Slave-USB port, that means the Dingoo is the "device" controlled by the connected computer.

What you need is a USB-Host function on your Dingoo, but unfortunately it?s not available on the Dingoo.
But there is a little hope, because actually  i work especially on this problem/idea and the right solution ;).
The schematic diagram of the used Ingenic CPU lets us the opportunity of a USB-HOST 1.1 function.
So i?ll try to make it usable.
At the time i work on a Dingoo Mod to use it for external USB devices, e.g. Controllers and more..

Please be patient, i will inform you, if i have the first results.

Best regards,
andY

codiak

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 10:39:37 pm »
That sounds awsome! Work on and let us know  :)

Rebelphoenix

• Critical Indie Gamer
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 10:49:26 pm »
how would you reconcile the cables?

GideonB

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 11:50:54 pm »
i saw a mod done by some one to control the terminal by a 2nd usb port. ask him maybe?

EDIT just realised that WAS you!

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 12:02:53 am »
Guess this project is in good hands!  :D
Are you trying with a modded cable or do you really want to solder around the cpu andYManOne? Brave...  ;D

andYManOne

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 10:51:35 am »
Guess this project is in good hands!  :D
Are you trying with a modded cable or do you really want to solder around the cpu andYManOne? Brave...  ;D
I didn?t "want" , i MUST solder around the CPU  ;)
Yes i know it?s a risk, but i have done in the past very often Mods, where i must solder SMDs and really small
lines , only right seen under a good lens  ::)
I have some good tools , e.g. a Rework-Station and more to do that, independ on it, you don?t have to drink
to much coffee, so you got tremling hands ;D

Gtx.,
andY

dukemagus

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 12:11:40 pm »
oh well... so noob users can hardly put a joystick on dingoo... kinda sad.

andYManOne

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 03:28:45 pm »
Hmm, what can i say, you?re right, it?s not only to bring 4 lines outside.
Its some more work, that must be done for it ...

But if i have a first beta test sucsessul at work, i will see if i can made the mod easier and post a tutorial too,
so that other users are also able to implement it  :).

Gtx.,
andY

GideonB

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 08:46:47 am »

Wow Duke! I'm sure you were like that once, just leave us noobs alone

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 01:18:28 pm »

I think he means he?s a noob too.  ;) Just like me btw... That won?t hinder me to destroy mmy Dingoo when trying to do this mod (hope we?ll se a nice guide Andy :)).

dukemagus

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 01:55:19 pm »

I think he means he?s a noob too.  ;) Just like me btw... That won?t hinder me to destroy mmy Dingoo when trying to do this mod (hope we?ll se a nice guide Andy :)).

i am a noob too... probably even more than you all. still, that's kinda sad

andYManOne

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 10:58:20 pm »
@GideonB and Duke and Eule  :):

Hey guys, never mind about!

Let ME do the "hard pioneer work" and then of course i?ll tell you all my experiences !

And i promise you my help too ;o)!

Don?t  think i?ll let you stay in the rain !

Best regards,

andY

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 11:51:54 pm »
Great to read, i?m really looking forward to this! Even if it?s too hard for ppl like me, just the possibility makes me happy! :D
But i better don?t hold my breath, i guess it?s hard as f*ck. Take the time you need and don?t burn your Dingoo accidentally.
 :)
edit: while you?re at it: What about an extra ramchip? I know, probably asked way too much, but if you can solder around/under/in/wherever the cpu, could a ramchip  be possible too?
But i guess "installing" the ram is not all, probably something in the OS?s had to be rewritten?

If that?s an utterly stupid idea, please excuse my noobish naivity. :) And sorry for bugging ^^
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 12:00:23 am by eule »

andYManOne

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 08:54:21 pm »
Great to read, i?m really looking forward to this! Even if it?s too hard for ppl like me, just the possibility makes me happy! :D
But i better don?t hold my breath, i guess it?s hard as f*ck. Take the time you need and don?t burn your Dingoo accidentally.
 :)
edit: while you?re at it: What about an extra ramchip? I know, probably asked way too much, but if you can solder around/under/in/wherever the cpu, could a ramchip  be possible too?
But i guess "installing" the ram is not all, probably something in the OS?s had to be rewritten?

If that?s an utterly stupid idea, please excuse my noobish naivity. :) And sorry for bugging ^^

Hi eule,

@Dingoo: dont?worry about, i?ll don?t burn my Dingoo accidentally  ;)

@RAM Chip: so as i could seen, the Ingenic CPU is able to control up to 128MB DRAM (actually build in = 32MB) ,
but if i ?ve a little bit more time, i?ll take a closer look at it,  for what to do to pump up the A320 to more Memory...
I could imagine, if you use a Linux distribution (e.g. Dingux) the Upper Memory will be recognized automatically.

What happens with the original OS, i can?t say it at the time.

Best regards,
andY

GideonB

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 09:02:11 pm »
Sorry to change topic slightly but when do i qualify for a Karma Point for having such a great Idea with many more to come?

andYManOne

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 11:13:44 pm »
Sorry to change topic slightly but when do i qualify for a Karma Point for having such a great Idea with many more to come?
Hey Gideon,
this idea is on my table long time before i register to this forum  ;), but nevertheless i?ll give you the first Karma +  :)!

Best regards,
andY

Kalisiin

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 11:21:34 pm »

And of course, people don't look and read before they post...too bad duke's feelings probably got hurt by this other guy's post.

Why are some people so MEAN on the Internet?

Hey, Duke...I hope you weren't too off-put by that uncalled for comment.

GideonB

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 11:22:27 pm »
I don't think it was something i said :S thanks for the Karma btw1

ruffnutts

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 04:12:59 pm »
It would be great to link 2 dingoo`s so you could play two player games on your favourite emulator - you could call it dingoolink  ;D