Author Topic: The different type of Dingoos - Trying to clear up the confusion!  (Read 58590 times)

Icetea06

Re: PAWED and UNPAWED Dingoos - Trying to clear up the confusion!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 06:05:40 pm »
I've got a pawed Dingoo with a 1800 mAh battery. Serial number is 4G A320BK9600788HK. I think HK stands for Hong-Kong. The freezing issues I encounter are the following :
Every homebrew app/emulator freezes as soon as I launch it. All native apps/emulators run perfectly well.

JackBauersh

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 07:36:57 pm »
I've got the same dingoo as you, Icetea06, cannot run any homebrew apps and emulators because it freezes (only native ones). I think the solution is installing dingux to play the other emulators and apps, and use the native firmware only to play GBA games.

Puumpkin_Masher

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 07:38:20 pm »
I had that EXACT issue, I believe I got ahold of the same exact run that you currently have.

Never did figure out how to get homebrew running becuase I tried a reflashing tool that bricked it.  You can update firmware, just don't use a reflashing tool.

JackBauersh

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 08:11:49 pm »
And what did you do, Pumpkin? how does dingux run on yours?

Greetz ;)

Icetea06

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 09:21:15 pm »
Pumpkin Master, were you able to unbrick your dingoo or did you get the red "not allowed" screen ?
And can you explain me the difference between reflashing and updating ?
I think JackBauersh is right, dingux is the answer for homebrew apps, but is it possible to install it without bricking the dingoo ?

Puumpkin_Masher

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 05:50:34 am »
I could install Dingux just fine.  I have tried various reflashing programs to try to unbrick my Dingoo but have never had any work, yet I have always been able to reflash Dingux back on it and it works fine.

Any reflashing program I use always gives me the UNAUTHORIZED screen.  I still use my Dingoo every single day however, with Dingux.  I really miss some of the things I could do in the native firmware, but at least it's not a total loss.  I use the SNES emulator in Dingux often and it works really well.

Also the difference is when you reflash using a program on your PC. I used the method of updating the firmware where you copy the file to the root of the internal memory and then hold the down arrow when you restart and that always worked.  I changed the firmware a few times and they always worked, even did a custom one jsut fine, but always had the issue with homebrew games.  One day I was pointed to a thread that suggested an unbricking tool... and that's when I bricked it.

JackBauersh

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 09:44:56 am »
I still cannot see the advantages of reflashing the dingoo native OS.. hope you can solve your problem mate :/

Anyway, have you tried SMS Plus or GNUboy on dingoo? and did dingux applications work? I think there's a dingux overclocking app over there and would be great if that works because the native app didn't.

Dammit, I need to buy a SD card ASAP, heh :)

Puumpkin_Masher

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 10:31:20 am »
Everything for Dingux works with the HK models.

code0

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 06:48:47 pm »
Hi

I have a Dingoo A-320 4G LCD9331 Firmware 1.2 (black) and I have the same freezes with new apps and new native emulators, all factory installed apps and emulators works (I don't have installed Dingux).

These freezes my Dingoo system:
- MSGGOO
- LynGOO
- GNUBoy
- Gooplayer
- Stopwatch
- Yi-chi King Fighter

The problem it's about the memory management?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 07:20:29 pm by code0 »

Puumpkin_Masher

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 08:22:51 pm »
hi code0

See here: http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-hardware-general/hi-everyone!-(and-hardware-pic)/

you most like have one of the HK models.

code0

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 11:58:05 pm »
hi code0

See here: http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-hardware-general/hi-everyone!-(and-hardware-pic)/

you most like have one of the HK models.

Yes I have a PAWED HK model (the serial ends with HK).

Are there someone working to get a solution to fix these freezes?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 12:13:11 am by code0 »

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2010, 01:20:51 pm »
If I am not mistaken somebody recompiled some of the applications for the native firmware so that they work w/ the newer models (due to so called memory allocation (= malloc) problems). There is a topic about this on this forum...

By the way, is it so that the "unauthorized" problem is solved by replacing the firmware image file in the root of the Dingoo and rebooting w/ B pressed? And have you then the possibility to use the custom themes for the native OS?

P.S. I'm glad that the "new Dingoo" users can use Dingux too now. Because that way I can still recommend the Dingoo to my friends! :)
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

Shred

• * Former Staff
  • S
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2010, 01:53:40 pm »
P.S. I'm glad that the "new Dingoo" users can use Dingux too now. Because that way I can still recommend the Dingoo to my friends! :)

As I understand it, its not quite as simple as "old" and "new" Dingoos anymore. (Pawed and Unpawed models)
I believe there are 4 different models of Dingoo now.

1) The original Export Pawed Dingoo. (no longer manufactured)
2) Unpawed Export Dingoo. (currently produced)
3) 2gb Chinese Pawed Dingoo (with 1000 mAh battery) - has problems running native homebrew.
4) 4gb Chinese Pawed Dingoo (Serial ends in HK) - has problems running native homebrew.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 01:56:02 pm by Shred »

Puumpkin_Masher

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 05:21:49 pm »
By the way, is it so that the "unauthorized" problem is solved by replacing the firmware image file in the root of the Dingoo and rebooting w/ B pressed? And have you then the possibility to use the custom themes for the native OS?

When you have the unauthorized error there is no access to the root, so the firmware image cannot be replaced.

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2010, 09:37:33 pm »
Pumpkin_Masher and Shred: thank you for your clarifications. Unfortunately this does not make me very happy. It seems the golden Dingoo days are already, sort of, over.  :'(
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic