Author Topic: Taking Pre-Orders for Dingoo Technology A330  (Read 27118 times)

kswildside

Taking Pre-Orders for Dingoo Technology A330
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:22:37 am »
Taking Pre-Orders for Dingoo Technology A330 if you would like to order one please visit:

WWW.Dingoo-Digital-USA.com

The prices on the website includes flat rate shipping in the price....

$12.00 For North American Orders

$15.00 For European and Over Seas Orders

Currently there is only one color Black later hopefully there will be another color or two if they do change and allow more colors of course you can change the color before it ships.

The item is listed as backordered as I don't have any in stock as this is a pre-order for the stock we will be getting once we recieve the stock that will change ;)

Estimated date for actual shipping of the A330 to customers is between May 17th to May 20th, 2010.

If any customer needs to change there address please notify us about 3 days before May 17th, 2010 so that we can ensure the shipment will goto the proper address.

Review/Testing Status:

A total of 17 have been shipped out... To The Native OS and Dingux OS developers along with OMGMOG owner of this Forum and Team-Dingoo of Dingoo-Digital.com

We also have two professional reviewers take a look at it also Tech Radar UK and ByteJacker.com and hopefully if all goes well we will also have Attack of The Show doing a review.

Slated date of release for public sale is May 17th to May 20th, 2010 the Developers and Reviewers should recieve their A330 with wirless controller on or around May 8th to May 10th, 2010.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Processor: Currently unknown no information released as of yet from Dingoo Tech could be Jz4740, Jz4750, or Jz 4755

Display: 2.8 inch QVGA (16 Million Colors) 320x240 DVD Quality LCD Screen

64MB Processor Ram (Compared to only 32MB ram in Dingoo Digital A320)

2.4GHz Wirless Controller for playing games while in TV-OUT Mode  (Two bundles available with controller and with out)

Internal Storage Memory (4GB Internal memory for storage of your media and game files)

External Storage Memory (Mini SD card (SDHC) Expandable to 32GB for a total of 36GB)

Controller Specs: 8 Position D-Pad on left, Y, X, A, B buttons on right, L and R shoulder buttons on top

Built-in lithium-ion battery gives 6-8 hours of runtime on a single charge

20 Gaming Console Modes:

3D (3D Engine Designed by Dingoo China for Dingoo games and Home Brew Games and Apps)

Atari 800  (Community Based)

Atari 7800 (Community Based)

Atari Lynx (Unknown more the likely Based on Community)

Colecovision (Community Based)

CPS1 (CAPCOM Arcade Game Systems 1st Edition)

CPS2 (CAPCOM Arcade Game Systems 2nd Edition)

GB (Game Boy) (Community Based)

GBA (Nintendo Game Boy Advance)

GBC (Game Boy Color) (Unknown more the likely Based on Community)

Magnavox Odyssey II (Community Based)

Neo-Geo (SNK Neo-Geo)

Neo-Geo Pocket (SNK Neo-Geo Color, Neo-Geo Color Pocket) (Community Based)

NES (Nintendo Entertainment System - 8bit)

Sega Game Gear (Unknown more the likely Based on Community)

Sega Master System (Unknown more the likely Based on Community)

Sega Genesis (Sega Mega-Drive - 16-bit) (Community Based)

SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System - 16bit) (Community Based)

Turbo Grafx (Also Known as PCE) (Community Based)

WonderSwan (Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color) (Community Based)

I/O Slots:

Earphone jack

Mini-USB port - Mini-SD slot (SDHC)

AV OUT (output to TV - NTSC or PAL, 16:9 or 4:3 DVD Quality)

Stereo Speakers

Additional Media Functions:

Video Player ( Allows you to play video files from internal or external memory)

Compatible Video Formats: FLV, WMV, ASF, RM, AVI, MPEG, MP4, RMVB, SWF, VCD

Audio Player (Allows you to play Audio/Music files from internal or external memory)

Compatible Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC ,WAV

FM Radio (channel range from 76.0MHz~108.0MHz, support manual/auto channel scanning)

Voice/Audio Recorder (Record voice/audio conversations or notes for school or work )

Image/Picture viewer (Allows you to view images from cameras and computers)

Compatible Picture Formats: JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG

E-book Reader (Text To Speech Capable view txt file format from internal memory)

Flash Player (Allows you to play Flash SWF files Flash Version 3 to 6 only currently)

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:26:19 pm by dingoo-digital-usa »

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
Re: Taking Pre-Orders for Dingoo Technology A330
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 07:49:31 am »
Posted to news  8)

goldenegg

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 09:17:58 am »
The extra RAM is nice, but I'd have really liked to see a slightly faster processor so we could finally have full speed Genesis and near full speed SNES.

Any word on wether Dingux can be installed in the same method as with the A320?

Nickeng

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 09:40:54 am »
Is the PC Engine emulator full speed ?

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 09:41:43 am »
320x240 DVD Quality LCD Screen
not DVD quality ::)
Hope they got the TV-Out right, i.e. bigger resolution than 320x240... but probably not?  ;D

ricsi

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 10:12:43 am »
Hi

I have just read that the A330 is supposed to have exactly the same CPU as the A320!
This is sad, because I was hoping for faster CPU, so that n64, psx and dreamcast could be emulated.
Also it seems that the "wireless" functionality is a proprietary technology only for the joypad.
Can you connect to A330 via this "wireless functionality"?
I was much hoping for WLAN (802.11b would have been enough for me).

What are the exact changes to A320:
* better LCD
* new housing
* 64 MB RAM
* better shoulderbuttons
* proprietary wireless controller (??, 2player via wireless on 2 dingoos??)

Anything else?

Also the emulators you are writing about.
For SMS, Lynx etc. do you mean the comunity emulators for the A320, or will there be new Dingoo Digital emulators for all of these systems??

All in all there are not many compelling events for me personally to buy another A320 in another housing.

I was much hoping for:
* 500+ MHz CPU
* 802.11b+ WLAN
* dual MicroSD instead of one MiniSD slot

If I forgot something important in my a330 delta a320 list, than extend my 4 points.

PS: regarding "DVD quality AV Out" if it still outputs at 320*240 than it is DEFINITELY not DVD quality, as DVD has higher resolution!

I really hope that I missed an important feature in my list, that gives the a330 more of an advantage over the A320 ... but I do not think so :(

EDIT: Forgot the wireless controller possibility
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:50:51 pm by ricsi »

obscurehandhelds

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 10:45:06 am »
same processor? fail.

Chris23235

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 10:56:23 am »
320x240 DVD Quality LCD Screen
not DVD quality ::)
Hope they got the TV-Out right, i.e. bigger resolution than 320x240... but probably not?  ;D

I didn't expected them to use a 640x480 display, an 2.8 inch display with this resolution would be very expensive. But I think, the TV-Out resolution will be higher, the TV-Out chip is capable of 800x600 and Dingoo's promo text says "DVD Quality", so I think this is possible.
I definitely need more information on the hardware specs. With a faster CPU I would pre-order one instantly, with the same CPU I am not really interested. The extra Ram is nice for many Mame titles, but then, Mame doesn't run fast enough on the Dingoo for these games.

darfgarf

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 11:22:54 am »
Hi

I have just read that the A330 is supposed to have exactly the same CPU as the A320!

and where did you read this? it's common practice to give a source of information such as this

ricsi

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 11:26:21 am »

and where did you read this? it's common practice to give a source of information such as this

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=223385

I hope that they are NOT right - on the other side they have a shop selling the A330 themselves.

And as long as you are taking preorders, you should at least know WHAT exactly you are selling.

PS: If I missed additional goodies of the a330 over the a320 do not hesitate to mention them here!

EDIT: forgot a NOT ... I hope that they are wrong, and that the CPU is faster than that of the a320 ... but I do not really believe this to be the case :(
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:30:31 am by ricsi »

darfgarf

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 11:52:59 am »
thanks for the source, we'll just have to see, personally i take anything that comes from shoptemp/gbatemp with a large pinch of salt, seems to be lots of whining and misinformation all over, but that's just me and a tad offtopic, see who opens a 330 first and reads what the cpu is :D

obscurehandhelds

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 12:14:59 pm »
Tbh, if the cpu was something new and improved then Dingoo would have mentioned it in their specs. The fact that they keep bumming on about 64MB of RAM says to me that that's the biggest upgrade they've bothered to put in there. Idiots.

cyclone5uk

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 12:24:56 pm »
Yawn. I wish they?d worry less about hardware and more about software.

I?ll bet this still has the same crappy emus for Genesis and SNES that came with the original Dingoo.

The orginal Dingoo should have been quite capable of natively playing all the above emulators, but instead we got the broke versions that shipped with the console and have never been updated.

Luckily Dingux makes this purchase irrelevant as I can already emulate all the abve on my current Dingoo.

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 01:22:51 pm »
About that "DVD quality". I agree w/ Eule. They most probably do not mean that the LCD display is "dvd Q". They're most probably talking about the TV out. I don't mind that the current Dingoo's TV out is 320x240 because there is NO game on the D. that has a higher resolution than that. And movies w/ a res. > 320x240 will take up too much space and will probably be too much of a burden for its CPU.

However, the 16 bit color the current Dingoo (A320) puts out to the TV is not good enough to watch movies. It's apt for games, but movies make your eyes hurt after 5 minutes. If they manage to fix TV out I'll definitely buy an A330 to replace my Kentucky fried A320. Else, I'll go for ye ol' A320 again. Still miss it every day. Bouhou...

P.S. The ad says "16 million colors". 16 bit = 2^16 = 65536 colors. 24 bit = 2^24 = 16 x 10^6 = 16 million colors. And 24 bit is "true color". I'll wait for a good review of the A330. :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:52:51 pm by Meneer Jansen »
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 01:47:14 pm »
If they manage to fix TV out I'll definitely buy an A330 to replace my Kentucky fried A320. Else, I'll go for e ol' A320 again. Still miss it every day. Bouhou...
I feel with ya, thought you already had a replacement, as i see you often here.  :D Evil MediaMarkt, may it go bankrupt.  >:(

As for DVD-quality, i didn?t expect a LCD with higher resolution ofcourse, would love it for TV-out though. A320 plays e.g. Xvid videos flawlessly, even at higher resolutions, if the bitrate is not too large. Never had problems with 1.4GB Xvid rips. Those could be very nice if watched at PAL/NTSC resolution.
AV OUT (output to TV - NTSC or PAL, 16:9 or 4:3 DVD Quality)
A320 can do the same, except the DVD quality. Let?s hope they are not talking BS.
One more thing to add: Iirc the picture on the A320 LCD when watching a movie was not 16 bit but 24 bit too, i.e. had not these terrible colour frontiers. I?ll look if that?s right...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:53:41 pm by eule »

kswildside

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 01:49:50 pm »
I'm in direct contact with Dingoo Tech as well as OMGMOG trust me if they were releasing more specs then I have already given such as processor model and speed I would have posted it on the forum. Anything more then speculation on the processor model and speed is just that speculation.

Suggested retail:

$100.00 for A330 without 2.4GHz Wirless Controller

$115.00 for A330 with 2.4 GHz Wirless Controller

As stated above I have added flat rate shipping to this to alleviate overly high shipping prices for over seas orders.

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 01:55:22 pm »
Oly $15 extra for a wireless controller? That's a steal! Yippee.  :)
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

kswildside

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 01:57:55 pm »
Thats Bundled price if you buy 2.4 GHz Wirless Controller seperately they will be $18.00 those will be posted later today on the website as an accessory.

Flate Rate shipping on them will be: (As with others the shipping will be included in the price....)

North America: $10.00

Europe and OverSeas: $12.00

Reason for almost the same price is the controller is bigger and weighs more box wise...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 02:01:08 pm by dingoo-digital-usa »

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 02:01:24 pm »
Thats Bundled price if you buy one seperately they will be $18.00 those will be posted later today on the website as an accessory
Wouha. That's a steel too. Accept for the extra $10 or $12 S&H of course...  ;)

P.S. The S&H of $15 overseas for the Dingoo itself seems reasonable to me. Is that including the optional wireless controller?

mrkingoo

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 02:13:04 pm »
I'm itching to get the A330. But if its got the same cpu and speed as the A320 I think I'll pass

Post a new topic
Post a new topic