Author Topic: Can't charge my dingoo  (Read 7379 times)

potiron (OP)

Can't charge my dingoo
« on: June 11, 2011, 02:40:47 pm »
Hi guys

got an problem,since a while i didnt use my dingoo

now i cant charge it in any way,the only way i can play on it,its to have the usb cable plugged in the socket

the dingoo display the battery full,but nothing is charged.

any idea?

thanks

bigdavebear

Re: Can't charge my dingoo
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 07:04:34 pm »
Have you tried leaving it plugged into a PC for a few hours then tried it? Or pluged into a USB charger other than the one that came with the Dingoo, even try charging it with a ipod Charger or plugged into a PS3 etc.

If you have tried such and get no luck then maybe you have a faulty Battery.

Hopefully thats not the case, and someone on here may be able to help you.

Also see if you can post this into the Hardware Section maybe a MOD can move it for you.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 07:07:03 pm by bigdavebear »

potiron (OP)

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 09:36:18 am »
hi

thanks for your reply

yes,i've already tested all you told me,i think its the battery fault too,since the begining i got an problem withe the right trigger button (always as pushed)
i opend it and saw the battery, not well isolated,pushing the button

i think,i should find an new battery,but my dingoo is brand new,less than 1 year old and only 2 charges since the begining

bigdavebear

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 01:46:27 pm »
I dont know how you get on with your Dingoo, you culd contact the seller.

Problem is if its imported, then its a pain as you have to pay you post it, then maybe get import tax on the item again.

The Progblem with Dingoos is they can be hit and miss as far as build quality goes anyway, and there are some that come from different factories that are even poorer made.

Is yours a pawed Dingoo (i.e has the paw print on the back of it).

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 01:57:03 pm »
The Progblem with Dingoos is they can be hit and miss as far as build quality goes anyway, and there are some that come from different factories that are even poorer made.

Is yours a pawed Dingoo (i.e has the paw print on the back of it).

I think that has been irrelevant for awhile. The non-DD A320s can also have paws on them. Like my HK/DT A320, which is apparently more well made then some of the DD-made A320s.

Wasn't there something about not letting this type of battery sit uncharged for too long, else it won't hold a charge anymore?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:10:26 pm by Jesse »

bigdavebear

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 05:27:12 pm »
Maybe....

It happens with laptops i have had laptops that ran out of charge and left for 2 years, then when trying to charge them up they wont charge no more. Only hold about 5 mins.

The difficulty with Dingoos is you cant go change the Battery as easy as say a Nintendo DS system.

SilverhawkBR

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 06:36:59 pm »
Did you check the battery-to-mobo cables? They could have broken or cut... Thus resulting in no charging.

potiron (OP)

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 06:19:13 pm »
thanks for all your replies

my dingoo is an A330 ,i forgot to tell you it,and wasnt working for 3/4 months max

i contacted the seller but since he's telling me goofy response (do an factory reset etc..) and since he's not responding anymore after my email telling him he's gonna make my sick & should do his work to make my dingoo work

i'm not at home,but i will check the battery again

SilverhawkBR

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 11:00:16 pm »
Check the cables that connect it to the board, check the solders too.

flaming_goat

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 02:02:38 am »
Im also having a problem charging my dingoo. I hadn't used it for several months so i put it on charge all day but it didn't charge at all. I desoldered the battery and charged it up with a lipo charger and it registered as charged on the dingoo, but it now it has run out of charge again after using it but it still wont charge. Any ideas?

SilverhawkBR

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 05:41:59 pm »
Maybe your battery became too old or something...