Author Topic: Broken Dingoo - White Screen of Death after fall  (Read 5372 times)

Dark

Broken Dingoo - White Screen of Death after fall
« on: September 21, 2011, 08:24:37 pm »
Hi, my dingoo fell from my hand during ride and just freeze picture. After reset white screen appeared.
Dingoo wont boot itself and the computer doesn't recognize it. I read about similar problems after dropping dingoos.
I found no answer, so I disassembled it and found out that the battery crushed little coil (L2) soldered to mainboard. I found someone who can solder it for me but I will need to find out which coil is that (specification).
I you know anything i would be grateful, and maybe some other users with same problem.

Detailed pictures attached.

P.S. Sorry for bad English ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:31:49 pm by Dark »

Rosenkranz

Re: Broken Dingoo - White Screen of Death after fall
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 10:55:41 pm »
I have just found this picture on this thread: http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-help/disable-the-dingoos-internal-speakers-under-dingux/?topicseen

I hope this helps, though your part is not visible enough. If i had my dingoo by my side, i would open it and take a better picture. Good luck with it!

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 12:11:40 am »
Can't you just solder it back?

Dark

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 05:16:52 pm »

I wish I could, it is too tiny to fix, wire is under 1mm diameter, and the plastic part broke :(

Dark

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 05:26:50 pm »
I have just found this picture on this thread: http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-help/disable-the-dingoos-internal-speakers-under-dingux/?topicseen

I hope this helps, though your part is not visible enough. If i had my dingoo by my side, i would open it and take a better picture. Good luck with it!

Found it :)

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4572/p1010210.jpg

It is 4R7, now "just" to find one and buy it :)

ace9094

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 01:50:08 pm »

I wish I could, it is too tiny to fix, wire is under 1mm diameter, and the plastic part broke :(

Same thing happended to me (well it snapped off when I dropped it)... I just used a blob of solder where it went, didn't even use the part and mine worked just fine :)
Dingoo x2, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, PSP Go, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

Shadowfire

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 02:26:10 pm »
Thats a surface mount 4.7 microhenry inductor.  These things are almost always used in boost/buck voltage regulators, so your dingoo isn't booting because theres no power getting to the SoC. If you find a drop-in replacement and have a bit of surface mount soldering skill, the dingoo should boot right up after replacing the part.

Those ferrite inductors do NOT like being dropped, as you can see. Whoever shorted it out, parts of your dingoo are being run at a too high/too low voltage...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 02:28:34 pm by Shadowfire »

Dark

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 09:29:24 pm »
Hi, just to let you know, I found a person with good soldering equipment and skills and he bricked (shorted) coil, and now my dingoo works :) FM radio doesn't catch any stations anymore but that is not bothering me :)

Shadowfire, thank you, i saw your post today after i had my dingoo "fixed", so far it works fine without inductor (i couldn't find similar so i went with this solution i found on some russian and france forum (before i saw ace9094 answer, thank you too ;)

chameleon

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 08:55:08 pm »
4R7 in mine snapped too  :'(. Gave Dingoo to my little sister, she dropped it, white screen. I can live without speakers (one black wire snapped).
But what to do with the coil? Is dropping a little solder droplet on the place where it used to be a good solution? Is that actually "shorting the coil"? Any advice is highly appreciated.
Pictures attached.

bjland4

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 06:56:25 am »
Thats a surface mount 4.7 microhenry inductor.  These things are almost always used in boost/buck voltage regulators, so your dingoo isn't booting because theres no power getting to the SoC. If you find a drop-in replacement and have a bit of surface mount soldering skill, the dingoo should boot right up after replacing the part.

Those ferrite inductors do NOT like being dropped, as you can see. Whoever shorted it out, parts of your dingoo are being run at a too high/too low voltage...
YES!I agree this! These things are almost always used in boost/buck voltage regulators, so your dingoo isn't booting because theres no power getting to the SoC.

Coccijoe

• Underground Portables
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 09:57:47 am »
you can just short the 2 soldering point together, but seems there is problem with overclocking after doing that. So you can try to do something like this http://dingoo.forumactif.org/t1193p15-resolu-bobine-inductance-arrache#24096

K-77

• * Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 10:42:50 am »
when my dingoo dropped the radio has started to working (before that he isn't) but it's my luck  8)

Post a new topic