Author Topic: tuvva power play - worth it?  (Read 3258 times)

lambster420 (OP)

tuvva power play - worth it?
« on: March 15, 2015, 06:54:39 pm »
I've had my eye on a JXD S7800B for ages but recently came across this forum and it is awesome!

while browsing through i found some stuff about the tuvva power play and wondered if it is actually any good?

its quite a bit cheaper than the JXD, but i'm reading complaints about the display not being too good.

anybody got one who can give me some advice? or do you think i should shell out a bit more money for the JXD?

Any help would be much appreciated

Deen0X

Re: tuvva power play - worth it?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 08:26:55 pm »
hi.

checking the promo video
<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20190316072132/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz0Bks5dtd0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz0Bks5dtd0</a>

there are some points to consider

- the DPAD is 4 independent buttons. this is not a good dpad layout in my opinion. (this is similar to original Archos Gamepad)
- the design is not the best in my opinion, because sticks are so away from trigger buttons... and may be non comfortable if you don?t have big hands. (usually , you will use trigger buttons with analgo sticks, mots cases on FPS games), but dpad and buttons are in good position for normal arcade-fighting games (but this is subjetive. there may be other that prefer other layout)

- a good point is the mapper. appear to be competent. include all the controls that you can use on the device to be mapped on screen.
- i figure, based on the video, that the device come with real joystick driver.
- another "good point" is that the video remark that there is no overlapings (independe functions)
- a very good point is that this device is bluetooth enabled.
- is a full/complete gamepad layout , including L3 and R3

now, checking specs, this is a normal RK3066 dual-core device. This is not comparable to JXDS7800B device (quad-core)

now, depending on your needs, may be suitable for you, but you must understand that this device will get outdated so quickly. (in fact, in my opinion, dual-core for gaming currently is outdated really)

this device is comparable with original Archos gamepad or JXDS7300B.

greetings

lambster420 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 09:33:10 pm »
I'm mainly going to be using it for emulators like N64 and Psone, which from what I've seen, the Tuvva handles comfortably. I'm also interested in PSP and Dreamcast emulation too though and I don't know how the Tuvva will perform with those.

logseman

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 11:24:29 pm »
I'm mainly going to be using it for emulators like N64 and Psone, which from what I've seen, the Tuvva handles comfortably. I'm also interested in PSP and Dreamcast emulation too though and I don't know how the Tuvva will perform with those.
Consider it a no-show.

lambster420 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 11:34:33 pm »
Is the JXD good for psp and dreamcast emulation out of the box or do you need to install CFW?

Had experience doing this on an old psp and my wii, is the process comparable or is it hard work?

dilemina

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 05:04:43 am »
Is the JXD good for psp and dreamcast emulation out of the box or do you need to install CFW?

Had experience doing this on an old psp and my wii, is the process comparable or is it hard work?
Cfw is not needed. What you would need to do is download the emulators on the google play store, or other Chinese app store that may come preinstalled. And if you have games, rip them to iso format, and load them onto your device's SD card or internal storage.

Some stores may sell the product with emulators and games preinstalled. But the legality of that may be sketchy.

As far as do they work? Most of the Dreamcast games I have tried have some graphical and sound glitches. Some are quite slow. Some are playable. Its kind of a crap shoot.

PSP emulation is better at graphics and sound but most games run slow. And you may need to tweak the settings of the emulator.

Just my experience.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 05:10:45 am by dilemina »

Viroodiem

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 07:27:35 am »
I do not have this device so I cant speak to its performance. I can see from a spec sheet perspective that this would be somewhere between the JXD 7300 & 7800. Closer to the 7300 tbh.

However, from listed spec sheets, it has one thing that is sorely missing on both the 73 & 78. Built in Bluetooth. So as someone who has been waiting for  this manner of tablet to finally get built in Bluetooth, I know for me that factor would be enough to merit buying this over another 7800 (which I am in current need of replacing anyway) due to how important bluetooth is to the overall function of any tablet.

Still boggles my mind JXD has yet to launch a new tablet, or at the very least a hardware revision to include bluetooth.

So that is my 2cp worth on the matter.

Post a new topic