Author Topic: Snail/Ireadygo devices for 2015  (Read 26815 times)

diablotinbouky (OP)

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:05:36 pm by diablotinbouky »

skelton

Re: Snail/Ireadygo devices for 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 04:46:16 pm »

Good specs for the gamebox, but most probably will be as expensive as their previous devices.
Retired

Deen0X

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 10:11:45 pm »
Really interesting device.

i get curious about
- there are 3 HDMI output ports?
- MLB port?? <- why? for what?

about the device. i really like the concept
K1 Quad-core 2.0Ghz -> Removable! :D
RAM 4GB
2.5" or 3.5" HDD BAY
active ventilation system
5.1 audio output
SPDIF output
2*USB 2.0 (HOST)
1*USB 3.0 (HOST)
Wifi is 5Ghz Dual-Band (nice!)

LAN is 10/100 Mbs Ethernet. I would have put a Gigabit lan port.

and there is a feature that i consider so weird:
Security: Anti-Root

what mean this? is a method for avoid users to root the device?
If the device cannot be rooted, will be a big problem for many users.

waiting for more news.

­

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 05:03:44 am »
I can't say much about the gamephone, mainly because I can't see its specs, but I have to say that the Gamebox is entirely retarded, if I'm to be blunt.
Android is basically simplified Linux for ARM processors. By creating an Android machine, you expect it'd be less powerful or with a more simple goal than one that can run Linux - therefore, creating a full sized ARM PC that runs Android isn't the wisest idea.
Also, it's basically top-end to the max, without practicality. Why would you need 500GB-4TB(!!) HD on an Android device is beyond me, and I doubt anyone's going to multi-screen Android games that you need 4 HDMI ports.
Also, creating a modular Android device isn't going to fly, especially from a Chinese company with no backing. No manufacturer is going to supply you with a vanilla SoC - and even Project Ara is incorporating several devices into every one of its modules. It's just a gimmick.

I'd expect it to cost anywhere between $400 to $800 - and for the latter, you can build a pretty decent PC, not to mention you can actually upgrade an old one. It'll be slightly larger than the OBox, but it'll trump it at every turn.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 06:13:01 am by Made in China »

montie1965

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 06:48:42 am »
The W1 3D Phones has caught my eyes. I wonder if its similar to the Estar Takee 1 Holographic mobile phone.
Thats a $ 1000 3d glass-less mobile from China (not sure if its available yet !).
Any way this has upped my curiosity...

Deen0X

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 09:00:29 am »
The W1 3D Phones has caught my eyes. I wonder if its similar to the Estar Takee 1 Holographic mobile phone.
Thats a $ 1000 3d glass-less mobile from China (not sure if its available yet !).
Any way this has upped my curiosity...

a single set of roms may use 1TB or more.
currently, i must plug my external 3TB HDD to my android, to play games, watch movies, etc.

what the problem if the device come with a bay to plug your ourn HDD?
i prey for this from a long time!

and, of course, the speed of HDD is for long better than a microSD (and cheapest). currently, a 128GB microsd may cost 70?. a 2TB hdd may cost the same.

if clear for me. i prefer the HDD

and what the problem with the device? i really love the concept of a serious box, similar to PC, running windows. and no, i don?t want a standard PC with x86 android for this box. i want a powerful (and scalable) box running android.

i think you?re right about what may be android for small devices, but my point is focused on big devices now, big, serious and scalable.

­

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 09:34:06 am »
@Deen0x, I think you meant to quote me.
and, of course, the speed of HDD is for long better than a microSD (and cheapest). currently, a 128GB microsd may cost 70?. a 2TB hdd may cost the same.

if clear for me. i prefer the HDD
But microSD is portable, and the OBox isn't. It's a whole different world. And the reason the microSD is so slow and expensive is because it's more focused on power conservation, which is crucial for phones. If you want a compromise, you could get a laptop, which offers a bit of both with 2.5'' drives.
a single set of roms may use 1TB or more.
currently, i must plug my external 3TB HDD to my android, to play games, watch movies, etc.

what the problem if the device come with a bay to plug your ourn HDD?
i prey for this from a long time!
First, this is already a feature in every PC. We're talking about a stationary machine here, not a portable tablet. So having a built in HD instead of an HD caddie or external HD doesn't make much of a difference, since it's a one-time setup.
Second, you could buy HD caddies for $20 that have USB connection, no problem there. They might even be USB OTG compatible, if you want to use them on Android.
and what the problem with the device? i really love the concept of a serious box, similar to PC, running windows. and no, i don?t want a standard PC with x86 android for this box. i want a powerful (and scalable) box running android.
The problem is that it's underpowered and not nearly as modular compared to PCs. They aren't expanding the Android market; they're trying to invade the PC market. That's something that they are simply not prepared for, and that's why I'm so negative.
And why wouldn't you want an x86 box? That's the core of computing. Even if you don't like Windows, which I get, you can install Linux.
i think you?re right about what may be android for small devices, but my point is focused on big devices now, big, serious and scalable.
Well, if Android is for compact devices, why would you try to force it unto a home machine? Notice that I haven't said "adapt", because it was originally adapted from Linux, which already has a pretty strong base in home machines.

diablotinbouky (OP)

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 09:49:14 am »
I'll receive all informations after CES 2015.

Actual Much W1 should be named 78P01.

The i6 concept becomes the new "W" devices.

For what i know about W"one" ( because i've got the concept device in my hand two month ago )
Mtk6595
L1R1, L2R2
Dubbel Sim 4G

Deen0X

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 10:22:41 am »
but you're focussing on portable device, as i can understand.

i focussed on box, similar to any desktop console, plugged to the TV. i don?t want to move this from their place.

for portable devices, there are lots of them. you can select any that fits your preferences.

this device of course is focussed for other kind of users and other kind of needs.

why i will buy a NVidia Shield Tablet (that is very similar hardware) when i can get this device instead? take note that i DON'T want to move the device, i DON'T want to use as tablet. i simply want to use as a device plugged to my tv.

this OBox have so much potential, because there is no other similar on the current market.
i understand your point, but i think is not the only point, and this device is here for other kind of users/segment that are waiting for something like this. if you search on other forums, users are so excited about this new device/concept. This is a kind of device that many users are waiting from some time ago (basically, all the Set Top Box users, that want something really powerful and similar to a serious desktop console, that in my opinion this device looks)

Zalu2!

Saturos

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 02:48:59 pm »
I think that the gamebox idea running Android is absurd. For 300$ you can buy a laptop with i3 and intel graphics 4000. It can emulate ps2, game cube... skyrim... borderlands... assassins creed... much better than any Android powerfull device

connect the TV to your laptop by hdmi and don't move it. You've got your new powerful gamebox!

And... if you love android you can install Android X86.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 02:52:09 pm by Saturos »

leafar

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2014, 03:24:17 pm »
I like the idea with tegra Tk1 and the hardware design looks nice,its almost a complete android, game console, nothing right now in the market. But the need something else,the dual boot OS.
Almost the same concept of the Wizarm box,but this PVR function.

jamesensor

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2014, 03:51:52 pm »
I think that the gamebox idea running Android is absurd. For 300$ you can buy a laptop with i3 and intel graphics 4000. It can emulate ps2, game cube... skyrim... borderlands... assassins creed... much better than any Android powerfull device

connect the TV to your laptop by hdmi and don't move it. You've got your new powerful gamebox!

And... if you love android you can install Android X86.

Exactly. You won't be able to play skyrim with those specs nor ps2 ::), but x86 pc game library is the widest on the market, and needless to say, with the best emulation (free!). One can also plug a wireless air keyboard + mouse device, increase the font size and plug it in to a tv to use on living room. Also, it can manage windows, I like having youtube and game side by side, instead of shutting down one to see the other.

I think one time I remember seeing a Rockchip demo on multi windows in an android setup, but was never further developed, I guess.  ::)
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

diablotinbouky (OP)

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2014, 03:54:51 pm »

leafar

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2014, 04:47:50 pm »
I do think they  better redesign  the gamepad,the control has to be three parts, the gamepad, air mouse and keyboard.
This can be done wisely.
The gamepad two parts handle, like ipega 9023, just a simple basic small air mouse,can be detachable, insert top and the middle of the gamepaf,and the keyboard, detachable, inserted, below the two handle, like the xbox gamepad and keyboard combo on Amazon.
The Android interface you need those three.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 04:51:32 pm by leafar »

Deen0X

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2014, 05:23:23 pm »
the image of 44268 Antutu, is from OBox or WOne 3D?

skelton

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2014, 06:50:37 pm »

Most probably the box being a tegra k1- Though I am not too much surprised, my Rk3288 box scores 40000, and supposedly it's much worse, so I expected a higher score in tegra k1.
Retired

vcoleiro1

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2014, 10:45:46 pm »
Don't know why the box is soooo big, its basically a PC case.   Even with the HDD , there is no way it should be that big.

Another thing, I understand you can put media onto the HDD, but, Android is well known to stop you from running apps and games from external storage.  So , Ive got to wonder whats the point of the HDD for gaming.  Unless of course they have managed a work around like Ouya have

Deen0X

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 11:14:20 pm »
with a hdd, user will be able on installing all their stuff on this.

android can handle it. i'm sure this is not problem.
for android, the HDD will be their internal SD. simply.

only for giving some example, y android installation (games, apps, etc) is around 400GB, only with data. (and yes, all from googleplay store). i'm using an external HDD for this. (note: this is only data. there is NO roms)

and for the case, yes, i really prefer a big case, with good ventilation, and if this is looking as a computer, for me is better than any set top box that is not stable because the HDMI cable can move it (because their small size)

if you prefer small size devices, don?t worry. i?m sure there will be more options similar to this, but in standard "small" size. simply, personally i prefer this another option. ^_^

HUMVEE

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2014, 12:50:34 am »
Cool The W1 3D Gamephone, awaited the review..... :)

vcoleiro1

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 12:02:26 pm »
As far as I'm aware , Android has never allowed you to run apps and games off external storage - whether that be an SD card or HDD.  So, the only benefit that HDD will provide is to store media like pictures, songs and video - which is a benefit , but not really a relevant one for something thats pushing itself as a gaming machine. 

The only device that I think has circumvented this is the Ouya, which as of a little while ago, has allowed you to store and run games of external storage.  But thats something they coded in themselves into their skin of Android so to speak.

Maybe Android only likes to access apps and games on the same storage the Android OS is on also. In that case if Android is on the HDD , it might actually work.  Someone who knows more might be able to answer that.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 12:11:40 pm by vcoleiro1 »