Author Topic: Snail Obox Android Console 4GBs Ram + Tegra K1 + HDD Suport= POWERFULL CONSOLE!  (Read 9179 times)

leafar

Did you know they are.hiring people,, and the base is the west coast California i don't understand why companies still choosing the west, why don't try, the east, no new york maybe Atlanta or florida, even with florida with strong marketing and focus on the people's. Who are belingual , or people who speak spanish for latin-american.
I don't think is a fail, this is another flavor to the market their idea is pretty strong if it's conceive, a upgradeable android box and gaming smartphone, with strong chinese gaming compan,,  i can live with that.
But they are stupid or what they're thinking about the obox maybe the gaming smartphone too, anti-root and the cpu locked, no community support, no video yet for the obox, no nothing just news, they are think that USA is china.
I do feel sorry for them ,  my 1/2 cent.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 07:17:48 pm by leafar »

diablotinbouky

OK.

I only would share foto's from Snail from the Shanghai expo ChinaJoy...nothing more... :-X :-X :-X

Next time, i didn't... :( :( :o

Ced

­

OK.

I only would share foto's from Snail from the Shanghai expo ChinaJoy...nothing more... :-X :-X :-X

Ced
Our criticism wasn't directed at you, you've done more than all of us.
Our criticism was directed at Snail and their idea of hyping us for their new console. A media blackout isn't helping, especially when it's broken by nothing substantial.

jamesensor

Yes, people here are just debating the content provided by diablotinbouky, it's news  ;D

In any case, the Warchief would just rip it to shreds! And the girls... and the guy phone.. Lol
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

darkhazuki (OP)

In your opinion what would be the most viable platform? Warchief or Snail Obox? Wharchief has root and open system for Custom Roms?
Shenmue is the Best Game EVER of the World.
End of Discussion!

­

In your opinion what would be the most viable platform? Warchief or Snail Obox? Wharchief has root and open system for Custom Roms?
That's an easy one! The nVidia Shield TV.
The Warchief is basically an unknown piece of shit, assimilating various devices and designs together to create nothing of value.
The OBox is taking the PC approach to ARM SoCs, without having the market to support it. You will not be able to upgrade it, and getting a bigger harddrive can be easily matched and with a lower price by using a USB drive, an SD card or with an external drive.

The nVidia Shield TV has the best support, and it's the strongest SoC on the market.

Note that I'm against the idea of a Android console - it's just isn't worth the price. But if you consider all of the options, the nVidia Shield TV is currently the best.

darkhazuki (OP)

That's an easy one! The nVidia Shield TV.
The Warchief is basically an unknown piece of shit, assimilating various devices and designs together to create nothing of value.
The OBox is taking the PC approach to ARM SoCs, without having the market to support it. You will not be able to upgrade it, and getting a bigger harddrive can be easily matched and with a lower price by using a USB drive, an SD card or with an external drive.

The nVidia Shield TV has the best support, and it's the strongest SoC on the market.

Note that I'm against the idea of a Android console - it's just isn't worth the price. But if you consider all of the options, the nVidia Shield TV is currently the best.

That was not my question!
End of Discussion!

­

No, this was your question - just not the answer you were looking for.

The two consoles you wanted to choose from are basically unknowns and guaranteed to be overpriced, whether it's because they're a scam (Warchief's motion sensing) or have unnecessary features (OBox's "modularity").
The correct course of action is to choose neither, and either double up (going for the nVidia Shield TV) or double down (rk3288 TV sticks, Ouya, or other older Android consoles).

Since the main attraction of the new Android consoles is Dolphin, and it cannot be replicated or replaced using the older ones, I suggested the nVidia Shield TV. So doubling up is the answer to your question.

leafar

OK.

Ced

You has been great keeping us informed with this company, and you're one to tell them about this community.
Telling them why no to send a box to denox for a review and skelton for custom rom, that will be nice and we know they care about on the product and the gamers around the world.
that's what we are looking for, support and care.

I do think the best option besides the shield tv, is the obox from snail because snail games is a good company in china.

darkhazuki (OP)

No, this was your question - just not the answer you were looking for.

The two consoles you wanted to choose from are basically unknowns and guaranteed to be overpriced, whether it's because they're a scam (Warchief's motion sensing) or have unnecessary features (OBox's "modularity").
The correct course of action is to choose neither, and either double up (going for the nVidia Shield TV) or double down (rk3288 TV sticks, Ouya, or other older Android consoles).

Since the main attraction of the new Android consoles is Dolphin, and it cannot be replicated or replaced using the older ones, I suggested the nVidia Shield TV. So doubling up is the answer to your question.
That was not my question. If I wanted to buy a TV Shiled would not be commenting further on this post because we all know it. The question addressed here is between Warchief and Obox. Baptizing again: That was not my question.
End of Discussion!

nielo360

Maybe its a generational thing but I only know 2 people in my own circle who have a tv, I personally dont use one,I like everything on my handheld/lappy...still, those curved tele's look kinda cool to keep in the living room..but then I could just hook up a high end phone to it with a Bluetooth controller and maybe have the same experience with a custom xmb.

darkhazuki (OP)

Released or not?
End of Discussion!

diablotinbouky

Not yet.... :( :( :(

SONY

• !
VAPOURWARE!!! :D
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

jamesensor

Nobody messes with the WARCHIEF for top console. They got scared.
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

diablotinbouky

For what i know, Obox is ready for many weeks now ....but why they don't start selling, i don't Know...
Product is ready!!!

leafar

Can't wait I feel sorry for them, waiting for shield tv pro,arriving this Wednesdays.

SONY

• !
I have a SATV and imho, I think it is a little problematic and not very well supported.

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

leafar

sorry but i dont know what are yuo talking,,problematic;every single piece of hardware and even software android in this case have some problem,new tech.well supported; nvidia in this time have showed,how good they are,i do own the shield tablet,fantastic and 3 RMA with no delayed and strong.

SONY

• !
Probably going to end up being cancelled?

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

Post a new topic