Author Topic: PS Vita Knockoff - Anyone seen this?  (Read 590 times)

illuminerdi (OP)

PS Vita Knockoff - Anyone seen this?
« on: May 17, 2017, 04:17:05 pm »
Does anyone know who makes/manufactures this device: goo.gl/AVsuT6 (link goes to Aliexpress, it was just HUGE so I shortened it with goo.gl)?

I'm mildly curious about its specs and what OS it runs. It's obviously not even remotely in league with something like the GPD XD, but I have a bit of a soft spot for these weird and kitsch-y devices.  This might be made by Sanemax, but it's not on their website and I'm not sure if Sanemax actually makes devices or just resells another factory's devices. I've also found a company called Haolong GCP that seems to make similar products that might be the manufacturer but their website is also abysmal. Which is a shame because they have some pretty neat looking devices...

Anyway, has anyone tried one of these things? Is it complete garbage or only partial garbage?  Thanks!

skelton

Re: PS Vita Knockoff - Anyone seen this?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 04:49:43 pm »
Doesn't even seem to run android. Probably just another PSP(Vita knock off with sunplus or actions chips and poor emulation, like most devices that use that chips
Retired

illuminerdi (OP)

Re: PS Vita Knockoff - Anyone seen this?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 07:41:16 pm »
Doesn't even seem to run android. Probably just another PSP(Vita knock off with sunplus or actions chips and poor emulation, like most devices that use that chips

Yeah that's why I wanted to investigate, I was pretty sure it wasn't running Android but I did find a few conflicting pieces of information about it so I was curious. Mostly I was hoping to see if the manufacturer made an Android variant or similar. I've been through a million JXD Android PSP knockoffs but they were all universally horrid...

I really should just bite the bullet and get a GPD XD, but I'm not really looking to spend that much right now.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic