Author Topic: New challenger....W1  (Read 20690 times)

acid

Re: New challenger ;-)
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 12:53:26 pm »
Can't wait to have a handheld with an mt6592 and not have to deal with rockchip's slowness and general lag. Each time I turn my 7800 on it takes like half an hour to sync and update everything and it's completely unusable while it's at it. In my thl w200s with mt6592 everything is fast without any lag whatsoever. It also runs android games much better. So yeah, can't wait! :D Time to start saving. :p

skelton

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 01:08:15 pm »
Can't wait to have a handheld with an mt6592 and not have to deal with rockchip's slowness and general lag. Each time I turn my 7800 on it takes like half an hour to sync and update everything and it's completely unusable while it's at it. In my thl w200s with mt6592 everything is fast without any lag whatsoever. It also runs android games much better. So yeah, can't wait! :D Time to start saving. :p

That slowness you mention is not normal in Rockchip, maybe a problem of your 7800, or the firmware used.

MTK6592 is fine, but emus don't use more than two cores and the mali450 is still opengl 2.0, so I would forget about dolphin or something like that. Android games obviously run better (newer and more expensive SoC)

What this company should make sure is to set 60 hz as screen rate, since most MTK6592 I have used have a weird 53 hz screen rate, useless for proper emulation.

In any case, success of this device will depend on their price, and how good firmware is written. The fact that it is a MTK means close source, so not too interesting for developers.

For gaming, I will wait to see what a80 or RK3288 have to offer before I buy something else.
Retired

Chex

• Chex Plays Games
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 07:42:38 pm »
Whoa, out of the blue, first octa-core handheld!...
UPD: Here we go
http://www.78dian.com/
This reminds me of when iReadyGo first announced the MUCH 3G. Apparently they also make games? http://www.78dian.com/product_2.html

I wonder if this will be capable of running Dolphin once the software side is sorted out.
YOU GONNA GET CHEX'D
DS Phat | GenMobile | FC-16 Go | JXD S5110 | JXD S7300 | Retromini

rotaryfreak3

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2014, 07:50:20 pm »
Will have to see how good the controls are.

skelton

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 08:38:04 pm »
Whoa, out of the blue, first octa-core handheld!...
UPD: Here we go
http://www.78dian.com/
This reminds me of when iReadyGo first announced the MUCH 3G. Apparently they also make games? http://www.78dian.com/product_2.html

I wonder if this will be capable of running Dolphin once the software side is sorted out.

Dolphin requires openGL 3.0 to run "properly", and mali450 of MTK6592 is opengl 2.0. Also Dolphin only uses two cores, so to have eight cores does not help dolphin either (and less being cortex a7 cores).

My guess is that even tegra k1 will have some issues with Dolphin, so imagine a MTK device....
Retired

Deen0X

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 08:58:35 pm »
please guys, forgive Dolphin emulator for now.
may be in few SoCs evolutions would be playable, but for now we must center our focus in the current top of emulation:

Dreamcast
PSP
N64

Dolphin (WII and GameCube) is not in the same leage, and we need to wait until SoCs and software evolves to become usable/playable. As Skelton mention, K1 have some issues on proper Dolphin emulation, and any other prior Soc Will have even more problems too.

diablotinbouky (OP)

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2014, 11:50:12 am »
Official presentation....Tomorrow  ;D ;D ;D

Deen0X

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2014, 12:40:49 pm »
i'm really expectant about this device. i talked with many guys and, in general speach, is a design that like so much.

(hope this device come with a flip cover, and with this, you can use as discret smartphone/phablet, without people realize that is a gaming device)

diablotinbouky (OP)

Re: New challenger....W1
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2014, 01:27:51 pm »
I update the first topic... ;D ;D ;D

­

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2014, 01:54:26 pm »
It looks pretty good, though I'm kind of disappointed - no R2 and L2 means bad news for Playstation emulation. Other than that, it looks like a pretty solid PSPhone.
Now there's only the question of price, build quality and device quirks - and those can only be answered when the device is out.

P.S.
Where are the speakers and the microphone located?

skelton

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2014, 02:31:04 pm »

Android 4.2, no HDMI, no l2 and r2 (so no l3 and r3 either....)..... Ummm, I think I'll pass of this one.
Retired

­

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2014, 02:45:46 pm »
Are R3 and L3 that important? They only began being useful in the PS2, and that is years from being emulated. They are a nice touch, but I don't see their usefulness at this time. Someone please enlighten me if you think I'm wrong.

Also, touch! Since we're using android, we can allocate the shoulder buttons to touch input, or even get rid of useless buttons in some games. Heck, while playing older PS1 games which didn't use the analog stick, I often set the shoulder buttons (=camera buttons) to the analog stick. Makes playing Breath of Fire IV better in my eyes.

skelton

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2014, 02:52:28 pm »
Are R3 and L3 that important? They only began being useful in the PS2, and that is years from being emulated. They are a nice touch, but I don't see their usefulness at this time. Someone please enlighten me if you think I'm wrong.

They are not essential, but I got used to use them in my GPD as load state/save state or other external functions, so if the device have them, the better..... For streaming are important too-

I am reading that device will be launched in China at 1999 yuan, too much expensive in any case. (240 Euros and about 300 dollars).

Retired

lemmywinks

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2014, 04:19:13 pm »
Not too bothered about extra buttons as it's a phone and I'd be buying it as a gaming phone, same with analog nubs instead of sticks.

Still very interested in this one, although I think using it as a phone and a console will mean lots of heat and not much battery life.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

diablotinbouky (OP)

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2014, 04:25:58 pm »
For what i know, and understood....

Conception and Fabrication is done by Ireadygo...
Distribution by another company...( who ask to create this device )

No doubt about quality....Ireadygo products are very good...
Only need better software...

Ced

Deen0X

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2014, 04:31:03 pm »
ok, i get some news about this device.

sorry but there is no joysick driver, the screen is 52Hz, and the other things that we know (no L2&L2, no HDMI)

and worst, the price: around 250? (or more)...

i think this device may be a good alternative, but need to fix joystick driver, and most important, screen refresh rate.

and... can?t cost more than 200? in my opinion... (for this price, i can buy a nvidia shield)

greetings!

lemmywinks

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2014, 07:46:07 pm »
Meh, that's me out then!
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

acid

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2014, 10:20:58 pm »
That's just terrible. Count me out too.

­

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2014, 04:39:50 am »
Yeah, I'm out as well. The real deal breaker for me is the refresh rate and no real joystick driver - I mean come on, that's as big as a mistake you can make.
The price... knock off $50 and it becomes reasonably expensive, if it were an excellent device. As is, it's just absurd.

hippy dave

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2014, 05:35:07 am »
Dear China,
60Hz or GTFO.
Love,
hippy dave