Author Topic: MUCH W1 out soon!  (Read 106287 times)

DroidX2

Re: MUCH W1 out soon!
« Reply #360 on: April 01, 2015, 04:41:20 pm »
@Banix - I don't know much about recovering IMEI, but have you tried using a data recovery app like Recuva to recover the deleted file. Since it recently happened, there's a chance you may be able to recover it.

irwannasit (OP)

« Reply #361 on: April 07, 2015, 12:37:08 pm »
Few things :
1) modern combat has customised HID. Deemed playable so far.
2) there's an update for snail ROM to the version 27. Unfortunately not able to update though. Anyone with snail ROM able to update?

Deen0X

« Reply #362 on: April 07, 2015, 12:43:31 pm »
Hi could someone please help me. I flashed my Much w1 with 78p01 firmware and sadly I have lost imei number and on Wifi I can see NVRAM WARNING :Err= 0x10. I did make a backup of my stock rom with MtkDroidTools but sadly my AVG antivirus thought it was a virus and automatically deleted it.
I have tried all the ways I could find on the Internet how to get back your imei number and still no success. The only way I think I could do it would be to get a new phone, I make a backup of that ones firmware and then to change the imei number back to the original but that will cost another ?200 which I do not have. If anyone could please help step by step guide of how to restore imei number would be greatly appreciated. (Also system update is not working it will download the new firmware and reboots Into recovery but does not install just goes black and restarts the phone).

check on the back of the device, under the battery. there is an sticker with the imei of your device.
use mtkdroidtools for put it back again.

ka52

« Reply #363 on: April 17, 2015, 05:16:51 am »
78Dian 5.6.27 for SP_Flash_Tool
https://yadi.sk/d/d6tZwb8Zg3uuA
Snail A1 5.6.27 for SP_Flash_Tool
https://yadi.sk/d/XtTyHoKyg3udW
Copy your nvram.bin to the folder with the update
Open MT6592_Android_scatter.txt file by Scatter-loading
Format then download in SP_Flash_Tool
at first boot press -Vol + Power button (go to China recovery)
select ......eMMC

levelt8t

« Reply #364 on: April 24, 2015, 07:12:43 am »
I booted my Snail W1 today and received a popup update for the new 5.6.28 Snail firmware. When it finished downloading the update, my phone booted into installation mode to install the update. However, the installation suddenly stops while in progress and then I received an "Installation aborted" error in CWM Recovery. Has this happened to you too? How can I properly install the new update?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:25:35 pm by levelt8t »

Deen0X

« Reply #365 on: April 24, 2015, 08:46:06 am »
I booted my Snail W1 today and received a popup update for the new 5.6.28 Snail firmware. When it finished downloading the update, my phone booted into installation mode to install the update. However, the installation suddenly stops while in progress and then I received an "Installation aborted" error in CWM Recovery. Has this happened to you too? How can I properly install the new update?

before installing the update, you must back to recovery stock on the device. (for this reason is included on the pack)

flash recovery stock, boot in android, do update check, the device then reboot and start installing the update.

nielo360

« Reply #366 on: April 24, 2015, 09:03:58 am »
Is there any info on when or if the Snail/Much WONE is out? the W3D on aliexpress is on pre order with the seller having no clue of the release. The WONE has no info anywhere.

robyse7en

« Reply #367 on: April 24, 2015, 01:09:26 pm »
much/snail w1 is compatible with sticks miracast wireless display? for example tronsmart t1000

levelt8t

« Reply #368 on: April 30, 2015, 04:34:33 pm »
much/snail w1 is compatible with sticks miracast wireless display? for example tronsmart t1000

There's a wireless display option in the settings menu and I'm able to enable it, so I assume it does. I actually ordered a miracast wireless display stick recently so I'll know for sure soon.

levelt8t

« Reply #369 on: April 30, 2015, 04:39:44 pm »
For those of you who have PPSSPP on your device, have you found any good settings? I can't get any of my games to run smoothly.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:41:49 pm by levelt8t »

DroidX2

« Reply #370 on: May 04, 2015, 11:41:57 pm »
Try the settings on this website. They seem to work fine for me.

http://androidcure.com/best-setting-ppsspp-android-highest-fps-tested-god-war/

levelt8t

« Reply #371 on: May 05, 2015, 07:38:43 pm »
Try the settings on this website. They seem to work fine for me.

http://androidcure.com/best-setting-ppsspp-android-highest-fps-tested-god-war/

Thanks Droid I'll give the settings a try.

levelt8t

« Reply #372 on: May 07, 2015, 11:58:30 pm »

before installing the update, you must back to recovery stock on the device. (for this reason is included on the pack)

flash recovery stock, boot in android, do update check, the device then reboot and start installing the update.

I can't seem to get the stock recovery back. And now I don't have ClockworkMod recovery (or any recovery) installed anymore. When I boot to recovery mode, all I see is the green Android logo with a red triangle next to it. Nothing happens and so I just reset my phone to boot normally. When I try and flash a recovery file in SP Flash Tool, I get the error "invalid DA file" when using my original nvram.bin file and I am unable to flash any recovery files. Any suggestions on how to get stock recovery back?

silvacrest

« Reply #373 on: May 09, 2015, 04:51:07 am »
i did a factory reset while using CWM, when the phone booted up i lost imei and signal, i used MTKdroidtools to restore the imei but i still have no signal, i've tried flashing different roms with my backed up NVRAM but signal is still gone, there is just a red X over the bars and sometimes a magnifying glass over it, im assuming its trying to find a signal but can't

can anyone help?

levelt8t

« Reply #374 on: May 09, 2015, 10:54:10 pm »

I can confirm that the Much/Snail W1 works with the Tronsmart 1000 wireless display adapter. I am able to mirror the phone's display on my TV. It works great for watching movies and playing games with a bluetooth controller!

robyse7en

« Reply #375 on: May 10, 2015, 02:49:37 pm »
ok thank you levelt8t, but no lags with games?

silvacrest

« Reply #376 on: May 10, 2015, 08:50:08 pm »
does anyone happen to have the nvram database for this device? it looks like that will restore the hard imei and serial, and i cant seem to find this anywhere

levelt8t

« Reply #377 on: May 11, 2015, 07:55:46 pm »
ok thank you levelt8t, but no lags with games?

I found a little big of lag when using the 1080p mode, and found very little to no lag when using the 720p mode. Then again, my wifi connection here is pretty bad so I don't think you should expect any lag.

robyse7en

« Reply #378 on: May 12, 2015, 08:22:31 pm »
Thank you again

lovemakerz

« Reply #379 on: May 22, 2015, 01:40:52 pm »
Hi all :)

I have this device and i love it, i have updated to the last firmware, this phone is  awesome.

But the only bad news is the firmware version in 4.2.2, this version not run Android Wear  >.>  i have a LG G Watch R and is not possible to run with Snail W1.

Any news for a update to 4.3 ?  or for the best, a Custom Firmware in the way ?

I'm sorry for my bad english, i'm french.

Bye, and thanks !