Author Topic: MUCH W1 out soon!  (Read 106305 times)

DroidX2

Re: MUCH W1 out soon!
« Reply #280 on: January 15, 2015, 10:33:37 pm »
Hey guys, or girls if applicable. With these devices, Snail/Much W1 and 78Point P01, I see mixed specs regarding the 3G bands they support. While the 2G bands have been the same across the board, some sellers are stating only 2100mhz, but then the pictures show 900, 1700, and 2100. Some have even only shown 1700 and 2100.

My question for the owners of these devices is, which is true? There was a youtube video I was watching which the guy stated to make sure you get the US domestic version if using in the US.

I plan to get this one from Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smart-Cell-Phone-Octa-Core-Dual-SIM-Android-Much-78P01-Wifi-Game-Console-Player/141482999786?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27674%26meid%3Dc636e2a7f9454930b0f794cb3c9a61a3%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D371205842735&rt=nc

While the one from eBay has the bands listed as supported, the model from Geekbuying states that this model only supports 2100mhz.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MUCH-78P01-MTK6592-Octa-Core-5-0Inch-HD-Smartphone-Android-4-2-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-Game-Player-with-Joystick-Button-Mapping-338565.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

irwannasit (OP)

« Reply #281 on: January 26, 2015, 12:46:02 am »
Hi all. Do note which set u got. There are 2 sets. One by snail. The other by ireadygo.

That being said, anyone with update.zip for ireadygo go model P01. The ones uploaded before here in this thread is "== snail". Couldn't get to update my phone. Tried to change the contacts but got Android . process error.

DroidX2

« Reply #282 on: January 26, 2015, 04:37:50 am »
You have the snail model?

irwannasit (OP)

« Reply #283 on: January 26, 2015, 11:30:28 am »
Nope. I have the ireadygo model. In need of ireadygo update.zip

DroidX2

« Reply #284 on: January 26, 2015, 04:59:21 pm »
Check this part of the thread. It might have what you are looking for.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/android-devices/much-w1-out-soon!/225/

Question, the ireadygo model is the matte finish with chrome trim correct?

dilemina

« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2015, 12:35:54 am »
Check this part of the thread. It might have what you are looking for.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/android-devices/much-w1-out-soon!/225/

Question, the ireadygo model is the matte finish with chrome trim correct?
With a "78", or more like ">8", logo on the back instead of a snail logo.

irwannasit (OP)

« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2015, 03:46:02 am »
Mine is wierd. Bronze/ gloss black with snail logo. Bootup and internal is 78point.

Darn. So if anyone has that update.zip...help help!  :)

DroidX2

« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2015, 05:44:04 am »
Mine is wierd. Bronze/ gloss black with snail logo. Bootup and internal is 78point.

Darn. So if anyone has that update.zip...help help!  :)

Seems like the best of both worlds. I think the bronze/gloss black design looks better, and the 78point model has integrated root features.

irwannasit: From what I've seen, even the Snail model registers as 78point, except in the phone info, where it shows Much ROM software. If yours has an ireadygo software, then this is new to me. There are a couple of guys here with the 78point model. Hopefully they can provide the update.zip you need.

I thought for sure that the update.zip from the 78point was uploaded in this thread for flashing the 78point ROM to a Snail model.

diablotinbouky

« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2015, 09:09:26 am »
Ireadygo is manufacturer.

Snail buy ireadygo in 2014.

So from now, speaking about Snail or ireadygo products, it is the same.

For history about 78P01/W1 device...

Firstly, this device was produced by ireadygo for another society: 78dian....
Ireadygo can't sell the device!

But for some reasons, later ireadygo receive autorisation to sell the device too with his own brand " Much device"
First name was Much W1 but with the future mtk6595 devices W3d and W, they change name from Much W1 to Much 78P01.

Snail/ireadygo and 78dian....both devices hardware are the same....maybe some difference with color, back cover...

Two ROM...78dian and Snail
I think Snail rom is best choice...

Obtain Official firmware is very very very difficult now....because Snail is more closed than ireadygo ...

I hope my explications are helpful....

DroidX2

« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2015, 03:44:29 pm »
diablotinbouky: They are, thanks! Any help is appreciated! Hopefully, Snail opens up to the Dev community. For devices like these, to ba able to modify to your liking would be part of the devices' charm. With intergrated controls, they would be for personal use mostly and not much in business, unless training for the gaming olympics.

tincore

« Reply #290 on: January 28, 2015, 06:55:56 pm »
I've just uploaded a beta that should support the right stick.

There is a bug in their kernel driver.

Left joystick is always read as pointing diagonal down/right in tincore. Even when trying the calibration tool. Which is weird, because it is read as normal in other apps.

I've had this issue, and found a workaround. One thing is that in Settings/Personalized (Android setting menu), you can set several modes for the left and right nubs. The "common rocker" mode works fines with Tincore, but the default mode is "smart rocker". Problem is that the setting does not persist after rebooting, at least in the 78dian rom.

I later found out that configuring Tincore to ouput a "mode M" (MOGA emulation) joystick instead of the default "Tincore mode" solves this issue.

Let me know if this works for you.

Additionnally I'd recommend flashing the Much ROM instead of the 78dian. It his harder to root, but has a substantially better autonomy. I switched from Much to 78dian as I liked the root features of 78dian better, but faced a very bad autonomy (3-4 hours tops), and flashing back Much 5.6.24 I end up lasting 5-6 hours (gaming).

Cheers!

irwannasit (OP)

« Reply #291 on: January 31, 2015, 05:38:21 am »
How? Anyone with the zip? Thanks in advance. :)

chinjin

« Reply #292 on: February 17, 2015, 03:07:47 pm »
Hi, guys.
My 78P01(Snail ROM) is Asphalt7 running laggy.
other android games (Asphalt8, RidgeRacer) is no problem, butter smooth.
MY 78P01 is rooted. Change CPU governor to performance.
and install the GL Tools, Set render resolution 0.5. But no good result..
This Asphalt7 lag problem is only my device? Anyone have a fix idea?

regards.

DroidX2

« Reply #293 on: February 18, 2015, 05:17:33 pm »
Hi guys. After all the questions and research, I have received my SNAIL W1. My impressions are pretty good. It's smalller than I thought, which is a good thing, and very pocketable.

My question is, has anyone tested if a 128gb card will work in it? The Dreamcast emulator works nicely on this, along with others, as well as Android games, so I'm gonna need some storage space, lol! I have a 32GB class 10 currently, but I may have already used up the space.

@chinjin - Try Asphalt without GL tools. Or try the SIO/SMARTASSV2 combo, although I'm unsure if governors work in locked bootloader ROMs.

DroidX2

« Reply #294 on: February 18, 2015, 05:39:27 pm »
I do think it has some advantages from the i5, I have the Much i5 but I like the design of this W1 better. The analogs are a tad annoying the i5 analogs are better but it makes for better portability to have the analogs the way they are on the W1. I have not noticed this battery problem the other person seems to have an issue with. I do get high drain of battery when I'm playing intense graphic games but when the phone is idle and not plugged in, I find that it drains little to no battery life while not in use. I've not had issues with Wifi nor app crashes. I'm using 128GB SDXC card and have most of my apps stored on it and it works just fine. I'm not sure if this is due to the version of the Much W1 I received or if the other poster got a bad unit but the only thing I would agree with is the analogs are a bit uncomfortable not sure about deadzone though. L & R buttons feel the same when both are pressed.

I do find it uncomfortable playing games like Final Fantasy Type-0 the layout does not make it to user friendly and my hands get cramped at times.

I'm waiting to get a SIM card that can fit this phone as my current one is a micro SIM which won't fit in this phone, so I'm not sure how it is when used as your main mobile phone.

To address jamesensor. I asked Willgoo if they had them or could get one. They said they had bought a one unit that I could buy. It turns out the unit was a completely different system and I asked if they could purchase the W1 model for me on my behalf since I buy all my Chinese gadgets from them they agreed. They bought it from http://item.jd.com/1172938.html. The version I received however is not like the one pictured at that site its the glossy version with the brass/goldish trim and the snail logo on the back. Turns out it was the domestic version but there is the semi same version with the glossy/brass trim that has been customize that I believe aliexpress.com is selling.

Nevermind guys, I found this post by MememtoMori. Guess I'll getone of these babies ordered. I'll give a full impression of the device once I get it activated. Going with AT&T.

chinjin

« Reply #295 on: February 18, 2015, 07:00:18 pm »
@DroidX2 thanx reply.
im try the add SIO/SMARTASSV2. can not added its.
next, try the bootloader unlock. "fastboot oem unlock" appear the confirmations "YES (VolUp), NO(VolDown)"
ohshit, My much W1 accept VolDown Only this confirmation. can not unlock bootloader..
uuum..

Deen0X

« Reply #296 on: February 18, 2015, 08:02:18 pm »
try using a usb keyboard plugged via microUSB otg cable...

DroidX2

« Reply #297 on: February 18, 2015, 10:07:56 pm »
@Deen0X: Are you saying a bootloader unlock is possible with the MUCH W1 through fastboot? Please elaborate.  :o :o :o

Deen0X

« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2015, 10:42:44 pm »
no, i?m simply giving a suggestion to chinjin to use a standard USB keyboard for try to select YES (volup), because their device accept only VolDown

when i messed with other devices, some keyboards are recognized in recovery or other modes, but the problem is found a compatible keyboard

not all keyboards will work, in fact, the device i usually get working is a Logitech Keyboard & Touchpad like this:

DroidX2

« Reply #299 on: February 18, 2015, 10:58:16 pm »
I see. Thanks!