Author Topic: MUCH W1 out soon!  (Read 106299 times)

­

Re: MUCH W1 out soon!
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2014, 05:00:12 pm »
Good thing it's an Android. There's a copy of every app, so if you got a stock crummy one it's not that of an issue.

What are your impressions so far of the device? How good are the battery life, signal reception, screen quality, build quality, controls and firmware? Was it worth the $300 price tag?

HUMVEE

« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2014, 04:03:18 am »
Good thing it's an Android. There's a copy of every app, so if you got a stock crummy one it's not that of an issue.

What are your impressions so far of the device? How good are the battery life, signal reception, screen quality, build quality, controls and firmware? Was it worth the $300 price tag?

Yeahh, Good question bro  :)

TeNoR

« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2014, 05:07:22 am »
Dreamcast games works very good too, DOA2 without lags and freezes 40-50/50 FPS (with 0 frameskip and with sound).

The main drawback of this device is mono speaker on the back side  :( With stereo sound it's will be look amazing.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:12:06 am by TeNoR »

MementoMori

« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2014, 10:07:55 pm »
Well good news!, after troubleshooting with Much Store for a week, I was able to get Google Play running. It seems Willgoo sent me the China domestic version which of course does not have Google Play installed. If your planning to get one of these I would advice to make sure you are getting one with Google Play if that's something you care about.

So, currently I'm installing apps and its got a lengthy amount of time left, but before I got Google Play installed I side loaded PPSSPP and it runs really great and I was able to use upscale settings. Something to note though I installed my Google Play PPSSPP Gold and it would not detect the left and right analog and dpad as separate control, however the apk from PPSSPP site did allow me to map them separate without having to use the overlay.

Retroarch also ran great however, I was unable to use any shaders even 1 pass, the screen though is small enough that it doesn't make to much of a difference. I would have liked to use shaders though they look really awesome with Retroarch cores.

The only current problem I have is the default launcher, I tried to download a different launcher and the system does not ask me if I want to keep the current launcher so whenever I go to settings and exit out, it goes back to the Much W1 launcher. Hopefully I can get this figured out.

jayveesee

« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2014, 07:04:02 pm »
MementoMori, could you elaborate on this phone? You think it's a upgrade to Much i5? does the problems persist in mention from the lat previous post.

jamesensor

« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2014, 04:55:28 pm »
You bought it from willgoo? How? And $?

Thanks
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

MementoMori

« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2014, 01:30:34 am »
I do think it has some advantages from the i5, I have the Much i5 but I like the design of this W1 better. The analogs are a tad annoying the i5 analogs are better but it makes for better portability to have the analogs the way they are on the W1. I have not noticed this battery problem the other person seems to have an issue with. I do get high drain of battery when I'm playing intense graphic games but when the phone is idle and not plugged in, I find that it drains little to no battery life while not in use. I've not had issues with Wifi nor app crashes. I'm using 128GB SDXC card and have most of my apps stored on it and it works just fine. I'm not sure if this is due to the version of the Much W1 I received or if the other poster got a bad unit but the only thing I would agree with is the analogs are a bit uncomfortable not sure about deadzone though. L & R buttons feel the same when both are pressed.

I do find it uncomfortable playing games like Final Fantasy Type-0 the layout does not make it to user friendly and my hands get cramped at times.

I'm waiting to get a SIM card that can fit this phone as my current one is a micro SIM which won't fit in this phone, so I'm not sure how it is when used as your main mobile phone.

To address jamesensor. I asked Willgoo if they had them or could get one. They said they had bought a one unit that I could buy. It turns out the unit was a completely different system and I asked if they could purchase the W1 model for me on my behalf since I buy all my Chinese gadgets from them they agreed. They bought it from http://item.jd.com/1172938.html. The version I received however is not like the one pictured at that site its the glossy version with the brass/goldish trim and the snail logo on the back. Turns out it was the domestic version but there is the semi same version with the glossy/brass trim that has been customize that I believe aliexpress.com is selling.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:05:48 am by MementoMori »

jamesensor

« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2014, 04:27:08 am »
Thanks for the reply Memento.  :)
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

diablotinbouky

« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2014, 06:42:40 am »
Price, on your link,  is about 260eu...

For information, it is 270eu on Belchine.net. Price with VAT, no custom ( product are in Belgium ), warranty 2 years  and "european" firmware

Ced

jayveesee

« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2014, 11:14:35 pm »
jamesensor beat me to it. thanks for input mementomori. I'm waiting for other reviews like deen0x.

jamesensor

« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2014, 12:42:08 am »
Price, on your link,  is about 260eu...

For information, it is 270eu on Belchine.net. Price with VAT, no custom ( product are in Belgium ), warranty 2 years  and "european" firmware

Ced

For sure, it's a better choice for europeans. Imagine the vat this would pay if caught on customs lol

MementoMori

« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2014, 07:00:00 am »
Well now, it seems my Much versions launcher is completely locked down at this time and sadly most of it is in Chinese and the main screen does not let you set it vertical. So I went ahead and order the one from aliexpress. I'll toss my 2 cents in and compare it to the mainland Chinese counterpart when it arrives.

Only way to use a different launcher is to freeze the Snail Launcher with something like Titanium Backup, but then you can never reboot or power off your phone without getting an endless barrage of "Snail Launcher has stopped working" until you manage to un-freeze the launcher or un-freeze then reboot/power off. Its not very English friendly.

Deen0X

« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2014, 08:14:53 am »
simply install another launcher such Nova Launhcer, and when press HOME button, select "make default for this action", and then select Nova Launcher

with this, you will never see again the devault launcher of the device.

MementoMori

« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2014, 09:21:39 am »
The device does not do this. That screen with the Launcher Selection does not pop up. I tried Default App Manager as well to see if that would let me set my Launcher but that does not work either.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:25:43 am by MementoMori »

irwannasit (OP)

« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2014, 06:13:38 am »
Hi hi. Sorry have been superbly busy. Just a short hello.

Yes. Other launchers work. I'm using smart launcher.

Think updates were pushed few days ago. No major ones.

Camera still suck.

No option to hide custom apk for mapping, unlike i5s.

I used contact+ for my calls,contacts and msges cos the stock Chinese suck and they can't do nuts about it.

Anything else,I'm still available these few days.

Apologies again for the delay in reply.

jamesensor

« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2014, 06:30:11 am »
Try checking the mapper icon on the swipe down menu during the use of an app. That's how we hide the mapper on i5.

ka52

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2014, 05:09:12 pm »
Hello!
I got a locked version from China
Model number is MUCH Snail
http://www.mediafire.com/view/m12fb93fa8dpz78/MUCH_20141129_235026.jpg
it is very difficult to get root
no usb debugging option
http://www.mediafire.com/view/b53t8a9adhfadyc/MUCH_20141129_235110.jpg
launcher
http://www.mediafire.com/view/9bvv1l9v8g1jeoa/MUCH_20141129_235723.jpg
launcher is locked. You can only install 20 apk
http://www.mediafire.com/view/dc4645nz9ehk4h3/MUCH_20141129_235222.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/view/fms6tgeawl6w53l/MUCH_20141129_235236.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/view/unpqp5iidmfckbo/MUCH_20141129_235242.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/view/2r6xbmxa56yibdo/MUCH_20141129_235245.jpg
There is no way  to launch apk. Only from china launcher. APK is not copied to the system/app. There is no way  to launch goglee play. goglee.com locked in the embedded browser.
I've done full firmware dump with MtkDroidTools and know the address update

All of them is locked

There is another version. Model number is 78Dian 78P01.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/ep6v59u8a2l0q13/432.JPG
I need firmware from these phone
Does anybody in the world can do dump firmware with SP_Flash_Tool or MtkDroidTools? If you do not know how, I can explain.
If you have unlocked Dian 78p01 PLEASE HELP!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 02:49:54 am by ka52 »

MementoMori

« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2014, 09:55:55 pm »
Looks like we both got the same version. I have installed Google Play Store on it successfully. Like I mentioned and you have found out the launcher is locked there are 2 ways I have dealt with this  :( 1) Freezing it with Titanium Backup but then there are a few downsides which i mentioned in my previous post. 2) I have not tried this because I could not install the drivers fully because I did not have a windows XP machine and Windows 7 and 8 would recognize the new drivers but shortly after would eject the device. It seems the process is called "Brushing"and comes with its risk because I think what it basically does is makes the Much Launcher the default, however I haven't completed the process so I'm not really sure. If you find a way please share as this locked launcher is such a pain!.

I recently got my Much W1 that is customized under version it says its a "Much Snail" and also the firmware is 5.6.24 which is what the domestic Chinese models are on. Its running Much Launcher instead of Snail Launcher and had Google Play built in and so far its been working fine.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:03:50 am by MementoMori »

irwannasit (OP)

« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2014, 02:35:36 pm »
Try checking the mapper icon on the swipe down menu during the use of an app. That's how we hide the mapper on i5.
Not seen.

irwannasit (OP)

« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2014, 02:36:54 pm »
Mine is unlock. Guide me if possible