Author Topic: MUCH W1 out soon!  (Read 106288 times)

jayveesee

Re: MUCH W1 out soon!
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2014, 12:28:48 pm »
Zaazu, do you know what is the hz for the screen?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:25:35 pm by jayveesee »

Zaazu

« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2014, 05:12:01 pm »
Zaazu, do you know what is the hz for the screen?

I downloaded this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=infamous.apps.aboutyourscreen and it told me this:

jayveesee

« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2014, 06:47:14 pm »
Looks promising.

Cannot wait for software fix on analog sticks. (if it's do-able).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 06:55:23 pm by jayveesee »

Zaazu

« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2014, 01:26:29 am »
Is there an English forum dedicated to this device anywhere? The support I'm getting on this device is so small since no one has one really :D

dilemina

« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2014, 04:46:33 am »
No.

But the there is this http://bbs.much3g.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=86&mobile=yes which is supposed to be a foreign language forum on the companies website.

Zaazu

« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2014, 05:29:40 am »
Now that I've used the device for a few days, I regret purchasing it, here's why:

*The analogues have a huge deadzone, it doesn't feel comfortable using them
*The L shoulder button feels different to the R shoulder button. The L shoulder button feels soft and easy to press, whereas the R shoulder button clicks down and sometimes gets caught.
*The battery cover doesnt fit on properly, its missing a clip or something
*Battery life is TERRIBLE, one moment its on 50% idle, one hour later its dead (FROM NOT USING IT)
*Frequent disconnects from wifi, the internet doesnt work properly, I'm having to reboot the device to get it to run again.
*Frequent app crashes, reboots
*SD Card JUST NOW refuses to register for no reason, the device just doesn't read it anymore.
*Phone features are in chinese, with no language settings

Very disappointed with the device, it doens't help that theres also no english support for this phone, very frustrating.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 05:42:39 am by Zaazu »

dilemina

« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2014, 05:46:06 am »
Oh no! That sucks. Maybe you could try a factory reset.

Did you buy the Snail model or the 78dian model?

Where did you buy it? Could you get a refund or replacement?

Could you make a video of your problems and upload it to youtube?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 05:51:31 am by dilemina »

Zaazu

« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2014, 06:17:11 am »
Oh no! That sucks. Maybe you could try a factory reset.

Did you buy the Snail model or the 78dian model?

Where did you buy it? Could you get a refund or replacement?

Could you make a video of your problems and upload it to youtube?

This is where I bought it: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MUCH-w1-Professional-Game-Console-MTK6592-Octa-Core-Android-4-2-1-7GHz-2GB-RAM16GB-ROM/2031759780.html

I'm trying for a refund now but they expect me to pay ?50 shipping back to china, this is obviously unacceptable. Good thing I paid with paypal, opened a dispute with them.

I bought the snail model, and I'll consider making a youtube video.

hippy dave

« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2014, 11:36:57 am »
Hm thanks for letting us know, sorry to hear you're disappointed. Hope you get things resolved.

­

« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2014, 01:49:48 pm »
Now that I've used the device for a few days, I regret purchasing it, here's why:

*The L shoulder button feels different to the R shoulder button. The L shoulder button feels soft and easy to press, whereas the R shoulder button clicks down and sometimes gets caught.
*Battery life is TERRIBLE, one moment its on 50% idle, one hour later its dead (FROM NOT USING IT)
*Frequent disconnects from wifi, the internet doesnt work properly, I'm having to reboot the device to get it to run again.
*SD Card JUST NOW refuses to register for no reason, the device just doesn't read it anymore.

Very disappointed with the device, it doens't help that theres also no english support for this phone, very frustrating.

Sorry to hear that. I've had such high hopes from the device recently, only to regress to my original feelings about Much and Mediatek. I'm guessing that a Chinese company's reputation is never wrong.

I also don't think that a Paypal dispute will matter much, unfortunately, because AliExpress is a pretty shady site. There have already been multiple reports of scams and unethical conduct going on in that site.

I do hope, however, that you'll at least get a partial refund, or a functioning unit (being incredibly optimistic and hoping that it's just a faulty unit, not a faulty design).

Zaazu

« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2014, 02:03:29 pm »

Sorry to hear that. I've had such high hopes from the device recently, only to regress to my original feelings about Much and Mediatek. I'm guessing that a Chinese company's reputation is never wrong.

I also don't think that a Paypal dispute will matter much, unfortunately, because AliExpress is a pretty shady site. There have already been multiple reports of scams and unethical conduct going on in that site.

I do hope, however, that you'll at least get a partial refund, or a functioning unit (being incredibly optimistic and hoping that it's just a faulty unit, not a faulty design).

I feel confident that PayPal will rule in my favour, I've had problems in the past with returning faulty goods that will cost me loads to send back.

jayveesee

« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2014, 03:49:34 pm »
I am still wating for dilemina review, when receive the device. he can clarify if the problems the device do exist and make a 2nd impressions.rr

dilemina

« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2014, 07:30:41 pm »
I am still awaiting my package. According to the tracking number, it has not moved since 10/25

k0en

« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2014, 01:12:32 pm »
Hi all !

I will try the W1 in the next few days. I will link my review here too.

k0en

HUMVEE

« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2014, 03:47:30 pm »
I bought a Much G2 on ebay, i was going to buy Much W1 but after i read the reviews turned out Much W1 many problems. Finally I decided to choose Much G2 only. Hopefully, my choice was right  :).

Sorry for my bad English  :'(

HUMVEE

« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2014, 03:50:05 pm »
Hi all !

I will try the W1 in the next few days. I will link my review here too.

k0en

awaited the review, Thank's k0en  :)

MementoMori

« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2014, 10:54:44 am »
Hello all,

I just got my hands on this device today and I'm curious, the one I received does not have Google Play Store app. Yet I'm seeing a Youtube video and in the video I can see that they have a Google Play app icon on their screen. I'm so confused  ???.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TeNoR

« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2014, 08:33:26 pm »
N64 games works almost fullspeed with the hardest plugin in Mupen64 "glide64" (without texture lags).

Earthworm Jim 3D - 45-60/60 FPS
Banjo Kazooie - 30/30
Super Mario 64 - 30/30

You can use Kay Adapter application to emulate overlay buttons with soft keys (if emulator doesn't support it), and play with clear screen.
http://refall.org.ua/android/scr/3.jpg
http://refall.org.ua/android/scr/8.jpg

Also you can use hidden menu to show/hide button "Key Adapter" and use default "menu" button for apps. in the panel ("2" in screenshot), and to open hidden menu - ("1" in screenshot, bottom-top slide).
http://refall.org.ua/android/scr/hidemenu.jpg

Setting for best emulation for n64 Mupen64Plus:
Video plugin glide64.
Rending "default" (1280x720) // Mali-450 support it without lags
Custom Polygon offset: -0.3 (to fix shadow and texture lags, e.g. Super Mario 64).
RGBA_8888: off
Frameskip: 0 FPS

It's looks amazing, all N64 games runs in fullspeed.

HUMVEE

« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2014, 02:05:25 pm »
N64 games works almost fullspeed with the hardest plugin in Mupen64 "glide64" (without texture lags).

Earthworm Jim 3D - 45-60/60 FPS
Banjo Kazooie - 30/30
Super Mario 64 - 30/30

You can use Kay Adapter application to emulate overlay buttons with soft keys (if emulator doesn't support it), and play with clear screen.
http://refall.org.ua/android/scr/3.jpg
http://refall.org.ua/android/scr/8.jpg

Also you can use hidden menu to show/hide button "Key Adapter" and use default "menu" button for apps. in the panel ("2" in screenshot), and to open hidden menu - ("1" in screenshot, bottom-top slide).
http://refall.org.ua/android/scr/hidemenu.jpg

Setting for best emulation for n64 Mupen64Plus:
Video plugin glide64.
Rending "default" (1280x720) // Mali-450 support it without lags
Custom Polygon offset: -0.3 (to fix shadow and texture lags, e.g. Super Mario 64).
RGBA_8888: off
Frameskip: 0 FPS

It's looks amazing, all N64 games runs in fullspeed.

Nice Review, but whether Gamephone Much w1 is already built in emulators like ppsspp, mame, neo geo, NES, SNES, N64, etc.

TeNoR

« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2014, 04:46:04 pm »
Stock emulators are terribles, and with chines settings, e.g. Super Mario [nes] default works with 120% speed and with bad key mapping).

Post a new topic