Author Topic: MUCH W1 out soon!  (Read 106286 times)

hippy dave

Re: MUCH W1 out soon!
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2014, 02:32:10 pm »
Any more thoughts to share? :)

hippy dave

« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2014, 03:00:22 am »
...nobody else got one? :/

Zaazu

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2014, 12:51:35 am »
BE WARNED:the dpad keys and left stick are joined. it wont work natively with many games, Mapping with the inbuilt mapper will be ok but the mapped icon is always present in every game as a boxed icon and and can never ever be removed. Its the same as Much i5s, and will never have custom roms to fix the issues.

Are you sure about this?

Anyone done any reviews yet on the device? I'm really interested in owning one of these for emulation

Virus_God

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2014, 02:46:00 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--EubDJ3dGE
Much W1 PPSSPP Monster Hunter Portable 3 HD  :)

nielo360

« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2014, 01:02:33 pm »
BE WARNED:the dpad keys and left stick are joined. it wont work natively with many games, Mapping with the inbuilt mapper will be ok but the mapped icon is always present in every game as a boxed icon and and can never ever be removed. Its the same as Much i5s, and will never have custom roms to fix the issues.

Are you sure about this?

Anyone done any reviews yet on the device? I'm really interested in owning one of these for emulation

the latest firmware fixed it for the much i5 so im reasonably certain it does that for the w1 too.

Zaazu

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2014, 05:25:46 pm »

Are you sure about this?

the latest firmware fixed it for the much i5 so im reasonably certain it does that for the w1 too.

Fixed what exactly?

Thanks

nielo360

« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2014, 01:28:57 am »
analog being joined with the Dpad.

­

« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2014, 02:10:48 am »
OK, so so far:
It has a normal refresh rate.
Its analog and d-pad aren't joined.
NO REAL ANALOG DRIVERS. Kind of a bummer.

Does anyone have something to say about the firmware? Because the Much W1 is becoming more and more attractive to me - it just needs a price drop.

Zaazu

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2014, 03:10:41 am »
NO REAL ANALOG DRIVERS. Kind of a bummer.

What does that mean exactly? I dont quite understand :D

Also, I bought one yesterday from aliexpress, they told me it'd take 5-20 days, oh well! When I get mine I'll give you guys some updates.

­

« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2014, 04:24:32 am »
It basically means that the analog sticks don't offer full signal range.
Analog input is almost infinite, and digital range has a jump between each value. It matters for precision aiming and other forms of delicate motion.
BUT in most uses, this isn't a deal breaker. Most emulators use digital input anyways and Android games generally have auto aim because of the inaccuracy of the touch controls.

Anyway, I hope you tell us more about the device. Information about it online has been pretty scarce, and mainly in Mandarin.

Zaazu

« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2014, 05:22:22 am »
It basically means that the analog sticks don't offer full signal range.
Analog input is almost infinite, and digital range has a jump between each value. It matters for precision aiming and other forms of delicate motion.
BUT in most uses, this isn't a deal breaker. Most emulators use digital input anyways and Android games generally have auto aim because of the inaccuracy of the touch controls.

Anyway, I hope you tell us more about the device. Information about it online has been pretty scarce, and mainly in Mandarin.

Oh okay, thanks alot, hopefully I wont notice the difference when using the analog stick.

You should check out this video in the mean time, it pretty much made me want to buy one in the first place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvfvqGr26P4

dilemina

« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2014, 03:54:06 pm »
Just bought it on aliexpree with free shipping to the states. Yay. Hopefully the shipping wont take forever to get here

dilemina

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2014, 03:54:26 pm »
Aliexpress

Zaazu

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2014, 07:02:07 am »
Will there be a way to upgrade this to android 5.0 when it gets released? I'm completely new to android devices and I'm not really sure about the update procedures.

Thanks

dilemina

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2014, 10:52:05 am »
This is just my opinion, but I highly doubt it, unless you are a dev that wants to compile your own firmware for this phone, it will not operate on Android 5.

Zaazu

« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2014, 10:51:08 pm »
OK I recently got my device! Initial impressions are positive, but I'm trying to find a custom recovery app that'll work with the phone. I'd like to make a backup of the device before tinkering with it. ClockworkMod Recovery doesnt work with it since its not a compatible phone. Anyone know any others?

hippy dave

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2014, 11:00:43 am »
The main alternative to CWM is TWRP recovery. If you can't find a generic build of either that works for this phone, someone might need to build one. I don't think it's supposed to be that hard, but it would be easier for someone with experience.

Any first impressions to share then? :)

Zaazu

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2014, 02:49:08 am »
The main alternative to CWM is TWRP recovery. If you can't find a generic build of either that works for this phone, someone might need to build one. I don't think it's supposed to be that hard, but it would be easier for someone with experience.

Any first impressions to share then? :)
I cant get TWRP or CWM working.  I doubt anyone is gonna build one just for this phone since its very out of the way.

The phone itself is nice, the screen is amazing, comparable to apple's retina display. The device is very comfortable to hold and feels high quality, mine came with a screen protector already installed that I didn't ask for which is nice. Buttons feel very tactile and satisfying to press but the joy pads are a bit meh, you need to push them quite far before having any responce, feels like the deadzone is far too big. Speaker sounds a bit tinny when you have it on high volume.

Overall I'm happy with the phone though. As far as emulators go I've tested PSP, N64 and pretty much everything in-between and it all runs without a problem.

Edit: Just re-read your post again, how exactly does one "Build one" THANKS :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:51:21 am by Zaazu »

hippy dave

« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2014, 11:36:17 am »
I've never tried, but Google should find you some guides. XDA is always a good place to start.

Thanks for the impressions, sounds promising. Have you played many 8/16 bit games/emus yet, how does it feel for smoothness?

skelton

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2014, 11:45:44 am »

In MTK devices you can make your own CWM quite easily:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8aaL5qB82M
Retired