Author Topic: MUCH W1 out soon!  (Read 106267 times)

skelton

Re: MUCH W1 out soon!
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2014, 05:36:48 pm »

The Freaktab box is not precisely a good example. It's just an UGOOS UT2 with a custom firmware.

About the prices, it all depends on the company. Some companies like xiaomi use higher specs so big prices, and other like GPD prefer low budget ones, of course that means to sacrifice some areas, but it's not a bad approach, because a chinese device at let's say 300 dollars it's pretty absurd when there are devices like Shield that are even cheaper.
Retired

montie1965

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2014, 02:35:04 am »
This is the 1st video I've seen  of this in action...

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzU3NDgwMjU2.html

(its a very short video)...

and another one (more longer)...

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzYxMTE0MTQw.html

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 05:57:50 pm by montie1965 »

mr.white

MUCH W1 out soon!
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2014, 09:38:40 am »
What FF like RPG is it he is playing at 04:29 in the second video?

Thanks!

montie1965

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2014, 10:20:17 am »
I think its (The Legend of Dragoon) , its a playstation one game.

mr.white

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2014, 10:50:37 pm »
@montie1965: thanks men, I've should known that. Such a long time ago.

The Much W1 looks nice, but way to expensive. Also this blo**dy mapping icon is an absolute no-go.

irwannasit (OP)

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2014, 05:39:17 pm »
Gotten mine today. Will do a quick review by tomorrow. Stay tuned. :-)

zhongtiao1

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2014, 06:05:45 pm »
Did anyone else realize that it's not the Much W1 it's the 78dian P01?

The official site: 78dian.com

skelton

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2014, 06:09:34 pm »
Did anyone else realize that it's not the Much W1 it's the 78dian P01?

The official site: 78dian.com

Sure. But device is indeed made by imuch (just look at battery pictures). 78dian is just rebranding it
Retired

zhongtiao1

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2014, 06:20:19 pm »
Okay, but 78dian is using a different UI than Much is using. I like the 78UI better  :)

Amon_Re

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2014, 06:35:27 pm »
Please post some pictures of the device and some info on the firmware (how close is it to stock android? Google Play?) and of course that DPAD, I'm contemplating getting a second mobile for use 'on the road' and that one might be a nice fit.

skelton

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 07:40:18 pm »
Okay, but 78dian is using a different UI than Much is using. I like the 78UI better  :)

Seems very similar for me, with that horrible mapping tool included,
Retired

montie1965

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 04:24:30 pm »
Can't wait for the preview.
Here's another video , this time showing the button mapping , and some
emulators etc...

http://item.jd.com/1172938.html

irwannasit (OP)

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2014, 12:13:46 am »
Apologies! Got called back to camp. So I took the opportunity to tried it back while I got recalled back to camp.

Will update by today! Thousand apologies!

irwannasit (OP)

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 09:09:35 pm »
W1 78Dian 78p01 unboxing and Initial BOOT: http://youtu.be/R2JRlzCKeXI

Here's a look at it. http://youtu.be/R2JRlzCKeXI

Rufoo

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2014, 06:01:13 am »
@irwannasit

Could you please provide information regarding the d-pad, particuarly in relation to the response and feel? I purchased a JXD S5800 not too long ago and honestly, I completely regret it, only due to the awful d-pad which is so smooshy and has so much travel that as a classic gaming handheld it is self-defeated by design. Too bad the Shield wasn't designed to be more portable, eh?

However, I have heard many great things about iReadyGo Much devices relating to their build quality but if the d-pad is awful and impedes the experience I won't drop the cash. Playing classic games on analogue nubs / sticks just feels WRONG. Any information you could provide me for my own education on this issue would be appreciated.

Naturally, I don't want to make a $300 purchase, one that doesn't seem to allow refunds, without knowing what I'm up for.

Thanks. :)

nielo360

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2014, 06:12:36 am »
@irwannasit

Could you please provide information regarding the d-pad, particuarly in relation to the response and feel? I purchased a JXD S5800 not too long ago and honestly, I completely regret it, only due to the awful d-pad which is so smooshy and has so much travel that as a classic gaming handheld it is self-defeated by design. Too bad the Shield wasn't designed to be more portable, eh?

However, I have heard many great things about iReadyGo Much devices relating to their build quality but if the d-pad is awful and impedes the experience I won't drop the cash. Playing classic games on analogue nubs / sticks just feels WRONG. Any information you could provide me for my own education on this issue would be appreciated.

Naturally, I don't want to make a $300 purchase, one that doesn't seem to allow refunds, without knowing what I'm up for.

Thanks. :)

i dont have a w1, but from my expreince with much i5s, i can tell you, you shouldnt spend $300 on device with android 4.2.2, analog nubs not sticks, and terrible software keys (screen capture must be manully disabled, key mapper is always stuck on screen and 0 joystick driver support. i5s/i5 has stiff dpads, the w1 however is using the exact same software but may have better dpads, still the nubs are useless for gaming.

Rufoo

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2014, 06:45:14 am »
i dont have a w1, but from my expreince with much i5s, i can tell you, you shouldnt spend $300 on device with android 4.2.2, analog nubs not sticks, and terrible software keys (screen capture must be manully disabled, key mapper is always stuck on screen and 0 joystick driver support. i5s/i5 has stiff dpads, the w1 however is using the exact same software but may have better dpads, still the nubs are useless for gaming.

Interesting. I did also eyeball the i5 as well. You say the d-pad is stiff but is that a bad thing in this context? The S5800 has the loosest d-pad I ever used and as a result it offers little to no precision. The shabbiness of the d-pad design only becomes more apparent depending on the game and the range of movement it demands. The experience spans from 'tolerable' when playing a simple platformer to useless when playing something like King of Fighters.

I don't mind things like the ROM having some nagging issues like the left stick and the d-pad being paired. I can cook my own ROM for it if needs be if I can get firmware binaries from iReadyGo and could create a clean, debloated ROM with tweaks and corrections.

But it's ALL about the d-pad for me and how it feels.

Trouble is, most reviews of these devices that are on the net are usually a hasty translation from a european resource or poorly written reviews which are vague and cover very little regarding the ergonomics of the device,  or are probably shameless plugs from the manufacturer. Finding useful data on these devices is hard as you are left to navigate a sea of fiction and vagueness - somebody once claimed that the JXD S5800 has a d-pad superior to an Xbox 360 controller?!?

X360 d-pads aren't the greatest ever but damn superior to most. Certainly is no Nintendo d-pad but worlds better in quality and class to some of these devices. I'm hoping people here can help me find the truth. :)

acid

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2014, 08:55:41 am »
@irwannasit : Could you please install this app and tell us the result? It measures max screen fps. Thank you :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mortalpowers.android.openglfpstest&hl=en

skelton

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2014, 09:28:00 am »
irwansuit, how is refresh rate in Retroarch? Native joystick driver?
Retired

nielo360

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2014, 09:28:52 am »

Interesting. I did also eyeball the i5 as well. You say the d-pad is stiff but is that a bad thing in this context? The S5800 has the loosest d-pad I ever used and as a result it offers little to no precision. The shabbiness of the d-pad design only becomes more apparent depending on the game and the range of movement it demands. The experience spans from 'tolerable' when playing a simple platformer to useless when playing something like King of Fighters.

I don't mind things like the ROM having some nagging issues like the left stick and the d-pad being paired. I can cook my own ROM for it if needs be if I can get firmware binaries from iReadyGo and could create a clean, debloated ROM with tweaks and corrections.

But it's ALL about the d-pad for me and how it feels.

Trouble is, most reviews of these devices that are on the net are usually a hasty translation from a european resource or poorly written reviews which are vague and cover very little regarding the ergonomics of the device,  or are probably shameless plugs from the manufacturer. Finding useful data on these devices is hard as you are left to navigate a sea of fiction and vagueness - somebody once claimed that the JXD S5800 has a d-pad superior to an Xbox 360 controller?!?

X360 d-pads aren't the greatest ever but damn superior to most. Certainly is no Nintendo d-pad but worlds better in quality and class to some of these devices. I'm hoping people here can help me find the truth. :)

the dpad on the much i5s is too stiff to use diagnols for long periods of time, infact i would not recommend the i5s for retro gaming at all.  The W1 may have improved but we will need to wait for something more indepth

Post a new topic