Author Topic: Matrimax IPLAY 7 Nvidia Tegra 4 Console  (Read 14948 times)

toby D (OP)

Matrimax IPLAY 7 Nvidia Tegra 4 Console
« on: January 22, 2015, 05:23:55 pm »
This looks pretty cool! This may well be my next purchase, but I don't know? Too pricey?

Thoughts?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/matrimax-iPLAY-7-Nvidia-Tegra-4-Quad-core-1-8GHz-Android-4-4-Handheld-Game-2G/32268161304.html
Owner of JXD S5110, Sanemax s7100 Sanemax ce4305, PSP, Fake PSP, NDSI XL and 3DS GPD7

toby D (OP)

Re: Matrimax IPLAY 7 Nvidia Tegra 4 Console
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 05:28:17 pm »
Just found a few vids on the tube, maybe not so new then. Still it's the first I have seen of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD8ow1sWPt4 ( In Indonesian. I think)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:30:30 pm by toby D »
Owner of JXD S5110, Sanemax s7100 Sanemax ce4305, PSP, Fake PSP, NDSI XL and 3DS GPD7

illuminerdi

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 06:29:49 pm »
Way too pricey, IMO.  For $70 cheaper you can get a Shield handheld which has far superior controls and the same internal specs, plus perks like official gamestreaming, etc, and for $20 more you can get a Shield Tablet, which has an Nvidia K1 chip and drastically superior parts, build quality, support, firmware etc.

The iPlay looks good in a vacuum, but when you compare it to the competition, at that price, it's a much harder sell.

Also bear in mind that it will probably be riddled with bugs and take months for a custom firmware to be developed which fixes all the bugs in it, since these companies never actually fix the bugs themselves, IF a custom firmware was ever developed for it, that is...

If they managed to get the price on it down to something like $150 it would be a decent buy, but until then I doubt it's worth the money.

Stranger_Eddie

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 01:09:15 am »
I have a Matrimax Iplay, and I'm happy! :)

I?m using the official firmware. I just rooted and killed some not useful apps with Titanium Backup. The device is perfect for me! Everything is running fine.

schnudergof

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 05:02:39 pm »

I?m using the official firmware. I just rooted and killed some not useful apps with Titanium Backup. The device is perfect for me! Everything is running fine.

is half-life 2 working for you? everything works fine, but de shoulder-buttons doesnt work, so i cant zoom and shoot >.<

Stranger_Eddie

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 11:01:16 pm »

is half-life 2 working for you? everything works fine, but de shoulder-buttons doesnt work, so i cant zoom and shoot >.<

I don?t have HL2!

One FPS example: I have Return to Castle Wolfenstein and works perfectly!

mixwell

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 09:52:57 am »

The shoulder buttons work  but they are not mapped as triggers which is what you need for half life, it doesn't register them, change the mapping and it'll work.

Virus_God

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 12:03:57 pm »
Just found a few vids on the tube, maybe not so new then. Still it's the first I have seen of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD8ow1sWPt4 ( In Indonesian. I think)

It Me i'm from thailand  ;D

Virus_God

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 12:05:10 pm »
MatriMax iPlay Steam PS4 Assassin's Creed Unity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r95qkvK1bcc

Stranger_Eddie

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 04:45:29 am »

Two doubts.
1) MOVE TO SD CARD... What kind of app you are using to move big apps from internal memory to SD Card?

2) How can I use the "voice search" function... I tried but nothing happens.

Virus_God

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 07:42:33 am »

Two doubts.
1) MOVE TO SD CARD... What kind of app you are using to move big apps from internal memory to SD Card?

ok friend i ask engineering

mixwell

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 08:55:32 am »

Two doubts.

Root, install xposed, then install the modules you need - kitkat SD card full access and Obb on SD.

Voice search doesn't work on mine either.

I still want the Chinese rom.

toby D (OP)

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 12:12:07 pm »
 To Virus_God

Sorry for my ignorance!

Stranger_Eddie

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 03:41:17 pm »

Root, install xposed, then install the modules you need - kitkat SD card full access and Obb on SD.

Ok... I only Rooted.

But... How can I install Xposed and this modules to Move to SD card?

I need a full explanation. It?s not so easy as you mentioned.

I tested the original Chinese rom.... I don?t like it. Is terrible to install play store and background programs. The international rom is fine!

mixwell

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 04:57:25 pm »

Ok... I only Rooted.

But... How can I install Xposed and this modules to Move to SD card?

I need a full explanation. It?s not so easy as you mentioned.

I tested the original Chinese rom.... I don?t like it. Is terrible to install play store and background programs. The international rom is fine!

Install 2.6.1 from here http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer

Then update etc as required. Search through the modules section and install the modules
KitKat full SD access
Apps to OBB

Activate them and your good to go.

Stranger_Eddie

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 07:53:42 pm »
Install 2.6.1 from here http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer

Then update etc as required. Search through the modules section and install the modules
KitKat full SD access
Apps to OBB

Thank you very much Mixwell. Works perfectly :)

Doubts: Are the apps updates runs ok after move them? No issues after change the Obb to SD card?

One curious issue: One of my games lost the progress after move to sd card. But another game didn?t lost the progress.

Thank you for your assistance.  ;)

mixwell

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2015, 08:44:41 pm »

KitKat full SD access
Apps to OBB

Thank you very much Mixwell. Works perfectly :)

Doubts: Are the apps updates runs ok after move them? No issues after change the Obb to SD card?

One curious issue: One of my games lost the progress after move to sd card. But another game didn?t lost the progress.

Thank you for your assistance.  ;)

I've only come across one game that didn't like the OBB being moved and that was Star Wars KOTOR.

Stranger_Eddie

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2015, 11:34:39 pm »
 I?m moving a lot of apps. ;)

Until now, only 2 games is not possible to move the OBB... Dungeon Hunter 4 and Asphalt 8 (curious: they are Gameloft games)... When I tried to start both games, they requested the full download again.

Perfect move to SD (until now): Castle of Illusion, After Burner Climax, The Room 1 and 2,  Ridge Racer (this lost the progress, but no problem) ,Colin McRae, The Cave...

Excellent Mixwell! Your tip is amazing!  8)

Best regards!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 11:37:25 pm by Stranger_Eddie »

Nikojiro

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 09:10:29 am »

Hi, how could you switch from the Intl rom to the chinese one, and back? Is there somewhere I can download the roms? I have the chinese rom, and managed to installed gapps just fine, but still the mapper is in chinese, so I'd like to have a go at the intl rom.

Post a new topic