Author Topic: [S7300][Custom Firmware] NCCE 1.1 [New]2.0 Soon  (Read 744272 times)

Damedus (OP)

"Private forum" ?? "More comfortable" ?? So just ex out the folks who might learn something they never knew,frm these private discusions?? That's just wonderful.
some of the discussions are in codes and long text windings that only serve to confuse those uninterested in developing. The private forums are for those actually interested in developing, and that includes learning, so we really haven't exed out anyone just rather moved some discussion to somewhere else where the people are actually looking for that exact content. Previously all this talk was done in skype/facebook so dont really expect this thread to change, since the developer base grew its easier to move from skype to a wider forum and the private one is more controlled by us compared to here.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:
JXD S7300B, PSP, Dingoo, Vita, 3ds, Kindle, ASUS Ti 700, SG2Sky, SG3, Note, Note 2, PS3, 360, Wii, WiiU, Asus quad-crossfire 7970 32g 4.8(8core) Ghz PC,ASUS GTX-71, ASUS H-1000, PS2, PSX, Jaguar, DC, SNES, Nes, SMS, Atari 2600, Genesis gen 2 /w cd & 32x. and a bunch of older consoles in collective storage (current:92 unique consoles)

Vektor

"Private forum" ?? "More comfortable" ?? So just ex out the folks who might learn something they never knew,frm these private discusions?? That's just wonderful.
As said before, for us it is more comfortable having one topic for each aspect we want to discuss rather than only one 100+ pages topic mixed with many others (this is android devices section, not jxd s7300b).

On the board we'll make only tech discussions, the conversations here will remain the same.

It is just something more comfortable to talk between us, don't think it's like a sort of paradise with all previews etc.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:24:49 pm by Vektor »

ChuckZ

I've tried requesting a section in XDA forums for JXD devices. I still don't understand why JXD doesn't have is own section on XDA forums..

So is this the only public forum we can look forward to for information on this device or JXD, devices

skelton

I've tried requesting a section in XDA forums for JXD devices. I still don't understand why JXD doesn't have is own section on XDA forums..

So is this the only public forum we can look forward to for information on this device or JXD, devices

In fact it is not.

http://forum.openhandhelds.net/index.php#c13

Everyone is welcome to write about developments or whatever you want in there.
Retired

lemmywinks

I've often thought the OH forum was much better suited to consoles other than A320/GCW0. Even though there's loads of Android users on here and it's the most popular section there's still just one subforum for everything, not really ideal.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go
PC:
HP Envy M6
Acer 522
Psion 5 & 5MX

Damedus (OP)

In fact it is not.

http://forum.openhandhelds.net/index.php#c13

Everyone is welcome to write about developments or whatever you want in there.
XDA is just a gathering of developers in general that happens to be quite known by non developers, open handhelds, Dingonity and a few others are more centered on emulation devices and the newer android urge for devices that follow this method. I dont think XDA will acknowledge JXD topic because the company lacks in support and communication. Just look how hard we had to try to get communication going with them. you can do a search on xda for jxd ull find quite a number of posts but the admins make no effort for a section, in fact look at dingoonity under android devices JXD 7300 is the newest handheld yet it has enough topics to merit a section, if its about moderating it Maybe the mods can work something out with us and segregate JXD from android and have subs for each unit. but then again nobody in this interest section is a mod or has any of those powers, we dont even have stickies for some of the most important topics.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:
JXD S7300B, PSP, Dingoo, Vita, 3ds, Kindle, ASUS Ti 700, SG2Sky, SG3, Note, Note 2, PS3, 360, Wii, WiiU, Asus quad-crossfire 7970 32g 4.8(8core) Ghz PC,ASUS GTX-71, ASUS H-1000, PS2, PSX, Jaguar, DC, SNES, Nes, SMS, Atari 2600, Genesis gen 2 /w cd & 32x. and a bunch of older consoles in collective storage (current:92 unique consoles)

Deen0X

hi guys.

copy and paste a message i posted on another forum.

=================================================================================

Bueno, novedades del firmware 1.5 / Well, there are news about firmware 1.5

dejo una traducci?n "googleana" (del chino al ingl?s) del readme del firmware / here is a googlean translation (from chinese to english) of the readme from the firmware:
V1.5
1, amendments to the screen refresh rate problem (50hz - 60hz), NTSC standard TV playing games can be displayed properly, you can use Quadrant Advanced APK test
2, Fixed playback video playback of AC3 and DTS audio tracks murmur. Fixed ac3 and dts audio problem while playing mkv in hardware mode (no more noisy sound every second)
3, Correction FPse PS1 emulator package life, to solve problems that can not install an updated version of FPSE
4, Compatibility, updated the google patch (need to update patch.zip) google play shops download the application, to improve the game and application compatibility.
5, GameX Russian menu

Button mapping functions: the right stick amendment connection perspective rotation may not achieve a 360-degree scenes uninterrupted rotation, will jump back to the starting point of rotation

and, i tested:

1- Screen is running at 60Hz.
I'm not sure, but i feel better response of the device, with less input lag controls...

2- This fix is running ok.

3- FPSe now can be updated without need of touching system files.

4- Play Store show more apps, can be installed an data downloaded, but many of these games hangs, freeze or simply go to the desktop when trying to running. (Nova3, MC4, etc. or licence booting on some games such Asphalt 7)

5 -well... good for russians! ;D

And... for last part, they refer to this problem... and they don?t solve yet.

sorry the bad translation. is too late and i must go to sleep.    x_x

Zalu2!

Damedus (OP)

hi guys.

copy and paste a message i posted on another forum.

=================================================================================

Bueno, novedades del firmware 1.5 / Well, there are news about firmware 1.5

dejo una traducci?n "googleana" (del chino al ingl?s) del readme del firmware / here is a googlean translation (from chinese to english) of the readme from the firmware:
V1.5
1, amendments to the screen refresh rate problem (50hz - 60hz), NTSC standard TV playing games can be displayed properly, you can use Quadrant Advanced APK test
2, Fixed playback video playback of AC3 and DTS audio tracks murmur. Fixed ac3 and dts audio problem while playing mkv in hardware mode (no more noisy sound every second)
3, Correction FPse PS1 emulator package life, to solve problems that can not install an updated version of FPSE
4, Compatibility, updated the google patch (need to update patch.zip) google play shops download the application, to improve the game and application compatibility.
5, GameX Russian menu

Button mapping functions: the right stick amendment connection perspective rotation may not achieve a 360-degree scenes uninterrupted rotation, will jump back to the starting point of rotation

and, i tested:

1- Screen is running at 60Hz.
I'm not sure, but i feel better response of the device, with less input lag controls...

2- This fix is running ok.

3- FPSe now can be updated without need of touching system files.

4- Play Store show more apps, can be installed an data downloaded, but many of these games hangs, freeze or simply go to the desktop when trying to running. (Nova3, MC4, etc. or licence booting on some games such Asphalt 7)

5 -well... good for russians! ;D

And... for last part, they refer to this problem... and they don?t solve yet.

sorry the bad translation. is too late and i must go to sleep.    x_x

Zalu2!
Yeah I have already tested  it :) i got it earlier  and this post but I got it in Chinese lol so i resumed it a few posts back, however they didn't tell me they fixed the mapping tool at all, and yeah they added the permissions but didn't compile new modules. To bad i would love modules that work like ours  but that don't cause artifacts to appear in a few games. Even tho its great they finally have communication with a few more of us, I was quite impressed when i got the email this morning.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

ChuckZ

So which is more recommended at the moment JXDs official firmware
Or any of the various ROMs on the forums?

Damedus (OP)

if u cant play without the screen fix then 1.5 if you can wait for it then NCCE 1.0 will have that fix, were just testing other changes plus migrating all our changes from 1.4(NCCE.4 internal) to NCCE 1.0, also theres 2 or more custom roms being developed by other users, so we hope soon there will be options as to looks and apps but its nice to see JXD reads our mails and files we send them. maybe they will fix the mapping tool soon and the hardware mapping for the  r analog stick then we can just focus on the profile and looks.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

atarumoroboshi18

if u cant play without the screen fix then 1.5 if you can wait for it then NCCE 1.0 will have that fix, were just testing other changes plus migrating all our changes from 1.4(NCCE.4 internal) to NCCE 1.0, also theres 2 or more custom roms being developed by other users, so we hope soon there will be options as to looks and apps but its nice to see JXD reads our mails and files we send them. maybe they will fix the mapping tool soon and the hardware mapping for the  r analog stick then we can just focus on the profile and looks.

Yeah, JXD is watching and listening! Official fixes from them rather than jury-rigs from us will probably save a bunch of headaches in the future. The fact that they have made mention about the right stick, means that they have at least acknowledged this problem. Even if their fixes aren't up to snuff, the guys here can fiddle with it until it works the way its supposed to. I'm loving this either way, the JXD s7300 deserves some love!

Damedus (OP)

Got the clear go to release this:
1.5 here from jxd
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=353959&uk=4211402111
as always flash at your own risk, I didn't make this, I did look at what was implemented and stuff but some might not want to wait. in any case this is from jxd itself if you need help or rather have  the new NCCE you have to wait a bit since vektor is doing studies :) but don't worry, only if you want to play gameloft android games would you need NCCE they have applied most of the other fixes by now :)
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

Ashen

Once again I'd like to thank you all for the great work you're doing on this console. I'm still eagerly awaiting the next NCCE release, which I'm sure will be awesome. I'm glad JXD is following suit though too, as it'll give me something to fiddle with until NCCE is released.

On another note, I opened my unit back up today to do a few things. Most notably to install start and select buttons on the face of the unit, and also to apply some thermal paste to the CPU. The unit is pretty tightly packed inside where all the front components go, so getting the tact switch to fit was a bit of a pain. In the end I only added a front start button for now, since I didn't want to fiddle with the board that has the CPU and stuff on it just yet. I did run some wires to install the select button next to the dpad later though. I just used a 9mm long tact switch  and drilled the proper sized hole in the front of the case to fit it in there, then just wired it up to the solder points where the normal side facing start/select buttons are. Here's a few pics I took along the way.

Pretty simple/easy mod for those who aren't scared of a soldering iron. :D

EDIT: Holy shiat, the screen fix is glorious. Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:44:13 am by Ashen »

The Afroman

Once again I'd like to thank you all for the great work you're doing on this console. I'm still eagerly awaiting the next NCCE release, which I'm sure will be awesome. I'm glad JXD is following suit though too, as it'll give me something to fiddle with until NCCE is released.

On another note, I opened my unit back up today to do a few things. Most notably to install start and select buttons on the face of the unit, and also to apply some thermal paste to the CPU. The unit is pretty tightly packed inside where all the front components go, so getting the tact switch to fit was a bit of a pain. In the end I only added a front start button for now, since I didn't want to fiddle with the board that has the CPU and stuff on it just yet. I did run some wires to install the select button next to the dpad later though. I just used a 9mm long tact switch  and drilled the proper sized hole in the front of the case to fit it in there, then just wired it up to the solder points where the normal side facing start/select buttons are. Here's a few pics I took along the way.

Pretty simple/easy mod for those who aren't scared of a soldering iron. :D

Great mod. I'm thinking of making the speaker opening bigger. there is nice silver mesh on them that is mostly covered,, with VERY SMALL openings.

NgXAlex

Got the clear go to release this:
1.5 here from jxd
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=353959&uk=4211402111
as always flash at your own risk, I didn't make this, I did look at what was implemented and stuff but some might not want to wait. in any case this is from jxd itself if you need help or rather have  the new NCCE you have to wait a bit since vektor is doing studies :) but don't worry, only if you want to play gameloft android games would you need NCCE they have applied most of the other fixes by now :)

Many many thanks to share the link with us, I'll test it immediatly.

I also tested the 1.4 you shared, and the screen was also in 60hz, but I don't know why the screen was limited to 50fps.

But I repeat, the screen was well in 60hz, just the fps was locked to 50...

It's very easy to see a 60hz monitor limited to 50fps, it's like a 50hz pal rom played on a 60hz tv, the smooth is not perfect.

But know it seems all is ok, so it's great.

;)

EDIT : I just tested the 1.5 firmware, and the screen is now perfect, all NTSC Roms are perfect very smooth, little stuttering disappeared, and we can still play PAL roms, they are not as smooth as the NTSC Roms, but they works without any issues.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:02:37 am by NgXAlex »

Post a new topic