Author Topic: iPlay (Tegra 4, 7")  (Read 72176 times)

Virus_God

Re: iPlay (Tegra 4, 7")
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2014, 09:33:35 am »
IPLAY Steam PC Final Fantasy XIII-2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPY9i-trWzc

Hi Virus, I bought the iplay but I don't know how to install Google Play, can you help me?

Hi Saturos, Google Play Rom Chinese don't Have
FlasRom Inter Have Google Play Store i'm send file to Email
My Email [email protected]

Stranger_Eddie

« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2014, 05:21:41 pm »
That?s my first post here...

And I want to thank you Virus_God for all videos about the Matrimax IPLay. ;D  I decided to acquire mine Iplay, after i watched your videos and reading about this tablet.

The device is awesome!

I?m reading a lot of information about it, In time i?ll provide more information for all here.  ;)

Regards!

Saturos

« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2014, 02:28:24 pm »
I also want to thank all the help Virus_God has given me

Thank You!

mixwell

« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2014, 11:41:06 pm »
@virus_god can you upload the Chinese rom for this please? Or point me in the right direction.

Virus_God

« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2014, 07:04:20 am »
@virus_god can you upload the Chinese rom for this please? Or point me in the right direction.

ok ;D

Virus_God

« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2014, 01:36:10 am »
MatriMax iPlay  ;D

alexei_gp

« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2014, 02:36:55 am »

Like the ipega,the company for the matrimax doesnt want to release the rom.

mixwell

« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2014, 08:45:43 am »
Well thats a problem then the one I have has been flashed with an international rom, but there's no upgrade path to lollipop with it, I need the Chinese rom.  Also vibration doesn't work.

The international rom is the homecare tegra tablet rom with controls tacked on its not good enough.

There must be a way to get the Chinese Rom back.

I'm pretty annoyed at the moment with the tablet because of the shitty Rom that's on it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:36:23 am by mixwell »

Nikojiro

« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2014, 04:11:51 pm »
I'm really interested in this device, any recommendation where to buy? I've seen it on AliExpress.

Stranger_Eddie

« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2014, 04:08:47 am »

Well thats a problem then the one I have has been flashed with an international rom, but there's no upgrade path to lollipop with it, I need the Chinese rom.  Also vibration doesn't work.

The international rom is the homecare tegra tablet rom with controls tacked on its not good enough.

There must be a way to get the Chinese Rom back.

I'm pretty annoyed at the moment with the tablet because of the shitty Rom that's on it.

mixwell

There is something strange about your report!

Mine here have this "Homecare Rom": The vibration + Key Mapping are working perfect for me!

PLUS: I rooted my Matrimax Iplay! But the things you told, runs fine for me before root and after root.

I'm really interested in this device, any recommendation where to buy? I've seen it on AliExpress.

I bought mine from this seller

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/matrimax-iPLAY-Nvidia-Tegra-4-Quad-core-1-8GHz-Android-4-2-Tablet-PC-7-IPS/1970780246.html

Talk to him! The seller is good!

zipeee

« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2014, 12:24:58 pm »

Banggood sells it: http://www.banggood.com/Matrimax-iPLAY-NVIDIA-Tegra-4-Quad-Core-7-Inch-Android-4_4-Game-Tablet-p-958640.html

I bought a Chuwi 7" tablet from them and some accessories and didn't have any problems. They take paypal too.

zipeee

« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2014, 12:39:50 pm »

Seems like a Cube T7 + a gameklip or ipega 9023 might be a better option..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/cube-t7-hands-review-capable-4g-tablet-t2982812

mixwell

« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2014, 07:16:06 pm »

Seems like a Cube T7 + a gameklip or ipega 9023 might be a better option..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/cube-t7-hands-review-capable-4g-tablet-t2982812

Or the shield tab with ipega.

Nikojiro

« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2015, 12:37:52 pm »
Just ordered mine! Should reach me in about 20-30 days.

Meanwhile, anyone knows by which method it can be rooted?

illuminerdi

« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2015, 01:21:03 pm »
I don't think I'd buy one of these.  Based on my experience with various 7" consoles I've learned that these things are often miserable to use because of poor control layouts.  The analog sticks are way too low on this, so I doubt you can comfortably use twin stick and reach the shoulder buttons comfortably.  I'm always amused at how Chinese companies, who target their products at a market that generally has small hands, manages to make products that even my long caucasian fingers can't comfortably reach without painful stretching.

This thing will probably be ok/fine for things like SNES games, but 5 minutes with Limelight and you'll be begging for mercy.

Nikojiro

« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2015, 02:22:17 pm »
Well I'll be the judge of that. From the videos I've seen the device seems to be substantially smaller than JXD 7xxx ad such thanks to thin bezels, and to fit perfectly in the of the tester (who, being asian, supposedly has small hands? Please avoid such stereotypes).

mixwell

« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2015, 03:16:18 pm »
Just ordered mine! Should reach me in about 20-30 days.

Meanwhile, anyone knows by which method it can be rooted?

I used kingo to root mine.

Nikojiro

« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2015, 03:32:44 pm »
Hi again!

I got mine yesterday, picked it up at the post office this morning and unboxed it during my lunch break. Looks pretty nice, though build quality is somewhat less good than that of the Shield Portable, controls especially.

I managed to root it with Kingo, however I had to first install the Nvidia Shield Portable USB driver for Kingo to detect the iPlay.

Also the micro SD slot has no spring, I inserted an exFat formatted SD which was not recognized, and had a real hard time taking it out of the slot. What microSD card are you guys using? Which filesystem? I'll try FAT32, that's what I had on the Nvidia Shield.

Nikojiro

« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2015, 03:36:57 pm »
Ok finally there IS a spring in the micro SD slot, for some reason it did not work the first time, I had to push teh micro SD really deep before it finally worked. Working fine now.

I tried to install the Play Store from by sideloading the latest official apk grabbed from XDA, but the store would not launch. The chinese rom is totally void of any Google package, which means the only way to get the Play Store and the mainstream Google apps to run is to install a gapps package. Problem: we don't have a custom recovery to flash the said gapps zip. Solution: based on some reading on the web and experimentation, it is relatively easy to manually install the gapps package. Mind that you must not be repelled by technical gibberish to attempt this procedure  ;D

1) Download the KitKat Gapps zip from Goo.im: https://goo.im/gapps/gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip
2) Copy it to your external SD card
3) Use ES File Explorer to unzip the Gapps package
4) Copy the contents of the system folder of the extracted package to /system, do not overwrite existing files! You must first activate root explorer in ES and mount /system read write.

We're not done yet. The copy messes up the file permissions, we'll have to restore them to rw-r--r-- for every copied file. You could do it manually but that's a lot of handiwork and very error prone. Instead we'll connect to the iPlay with an abd shell root session and script this. Here's how (assuming a Windows system, translating to Linux is easy peasy) :

1) Locate adb.exe, the Android Debug Bridge executable, on your computer. If you don't have ADB installed, grab a package from Google Developer website
2) Connect the iPlay to your PC, and open a command prompt
3) Navigate to the folder where adb.exe is located
4) Type adb devices to check if your iPlay is detected. If ot you must first install the USB driver (the NVidia Shield Portable USB driver will work just fine).
5) Now let the fun begin. Execute the following commands in order:

adb shell
su (check your screen for a confirmation dialog, allow root access)
mount -o remount,rw /system
cd /system
cd /app
chmod 0644 *.apk
cd ../priv-app
chmod 0644 *.apk
cd    ../etc/permissions
chmod 0644 *.xml
cd ../../framework
chmod 0644 *.jar
cd ../lib
chmod 0644 *.so
cd ../usr/srec/en-US
chmod 0644 *

exit
exit

Then reboot your iPlay, you're done. You'll have the Play Store and the core Google apps installed. Time to log in to your account and start upgrading these, and downloading stuff!

For those who feel scared by all that tech talk, I'll try to find some time to create a fully automated script and a step-by-step tutorial. Just please be patient  ;)

mixwell

« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2015, 04:14:07 pm »
Do you know which version of game mapper you have on it?

Post a new topic