Author Topic: ipega 9023 discussion: UPDATE MY FULL REVIEW, Android, MFI Ios, Gamestreming vid  (Read 88342 times)

monstercameron

nielo, I was messaging a guy on youtube about testing his ipega with a windows tablet dell venue 8 pro. He says it isnt working for him [he tested burnout paradise]. Have you ever tried using your ipega with windows 8.1?

nielo360 (OP)

nielo, I was messaging a guy on youtube about testing his ipega with a windows tablet dell venue 8 pro. He says it isnt working for him [he tested burnout paradise]. Have you ever tried using your ipega with windows 8.1?

I tested it on my windows 8.1 64 bit using x360ce, all the buttons did respond correctly. Without x360ce however it wont work since the ipega doesn't natively support xinput. One thing to remember, x360ce does not work with Steam in home streaming, however steam games natively work fine as long as you put the xinput __.dll in the correct game directly. The same goes for any emulators on windows 8.1 just add the .dll in correct .exe directory.

Also this might sound silly, but only works on Bluetooth just incase you were wondering about usb.

SS4Panda

My skin for the Dpad as arrived and now I can make Hadokens, as well as Shinku Hadokens, easily. ;D
I didn't mod anything. I just put the skin on the Dpad of the ipega and now the diagonals are working great, and the thumb doesn't get hurt from doing them.

Here are some pictures:

KSS1992

SSPANDA thats awesome how does it feel using the Nvidia Shield with the Ipega 9023 is it somewhat portable at least and not TOO BIG for games and being a tablet all in one?

KSS1992

Is it easy enough to take around and be like hey I feel like a game right now and just bring it out and play?

KSS1992

I just realized that sounded odd lol.

SS4Panda

KSS1992,

I've tried 10 inches tablets with the ipega 9023, and I have to say that it is not very confortable to play and even a little to heavy. With the shield tablet and the ipega, I don't get tired.
If you want a good tablet with enought power to play everything, except dolphin (which runs half speed with most games), I will have to say that the shield tablet with ipega it's a great combination.
About portability, anything bigger than 5 inches is not very portable in some situations. But, if you carry around a shield portable or even a GPD g5a, you probably can't fit it in your pocket. However, if you use a backpack, you can carry any of this devices.

I also have a shield portable but, if I can, I always use the device with bigger screen. Unless the screen is so big that it's not portable anymore. ;)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:04:22 pm by SS4Panda »

KSS1992

Thank you! Lol I'm debating betw this or an iPad mini and then get a gpd g58 for the gaming lol my debate at the moment of tablet as all in one device or tablet and gaming separate.

SS4Panda

Hi,

Just want to let you guys know that I bought the second version of the ipega 9023 (the one with red buttons), and the dead zones on the analog sticks are about the same.
The good news is that the Dpad is a lot better. The diagonals are easier to do and it's less stiff.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:40:03 pm by SS4Panda »

Super_L

Yeah, the Dpad is really good on the red one. I tried Link to the Past and EarthBound on the SNES (both pains to play on the G7 because of the diagonals), and they felt really good. Much better than the G7

PolloLoco

I just got a red version of this gamepad too, and have been using it with my Tegra Note 7. The feel is fantastic, and I find it much more immersive than leaving my Note 7 on a table and using my Moga.

The only thing I don't like, is that with my Note 7, I get occasional disconnections, say every 5 minutes. It seems to happen more often when my tablet is low on battery. Anyone else see this? I've previously thought the Tegra Note 7 has weak Bluetooth, so it may not be the gamepad.

I'd just like to figure out if it may be a defective pad. I bought it from Amazon, so I have a month to get a replacement if necessary.

John6670

TBH, there seems to be 3 different versions of the Ipega 9023.

1. The one with black buttons+analog's.  The one that's mostly been shown in this thread

2. The one with black analog's+red buttons

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61O%2BoO3LCOL._SL1500_.jpg

3. The one with Red Analog's+Red buttons
http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPega-PG-9023-Bluetooth-Wireless-Game-Controller-For-Google-Nexus-Android-IOS-/271632610416?pt=Other_Tablet_eReader_Accessories&hash=item3f3e90b470

The question is...are #2+#3 practically the same? Or is #3 an even newer version, compared to #2? Does #3 still retain the deadzones that people have talked about in this thread?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:27:19 am by John6670 »

PolloLoco

I'm pretty sure items 2 and 3 in your pictures are the same device. You can position the game pad with a view from above  so that you can't see the red analogs.

In short, I am pretty certain there's only 2 types of these.

I've only used this gamepad with the red analogs for Android gaming and Android emulators. I don't notice the dead zones but can't say it's any better than the all black gamepad.

To partially answer my own question, after a couple hours of using this with my Nexus 5, I got no bluetooth dropouts. I suspect the Bluetooth of my Tegra Note 7 is not the greatest.

dilemina

Noticed that a Company called BungBungame introduced to the Japanese market tablet computer Photon 2, which is running the operating system Windows 8 and is based on a hybrid processor AMD A10 Micro-6700T.  This decision relates to the range of Mullins and offers four cores with a frequency of 1.2-2.2 Puma GHz.

In addition, the tablet has a 10-inch screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels, 4 GB of RAM, built-in storage volume of 64 GB, microSD card slot and two cameras.  Wireless interfaces are presented with Wi-Fi adapter and Bluetooth, also have a micro-USB port and micro-HDMI.  The regular tablet battery has a capacity of 31.6 W � h and provides 6 to 8 hours of battery life.

Think of the possibilties of this as The amd mullins apu is a much better choice than any windows tablet when it comes to gaming as the graphical processing unit blows Intel's out of the water.

I think that this would be awesome paired with this gamepad, as the you can pretty much have a pc gaming experience on the subway or wherever.

Right now, it seems as though this is the first and only windows tablet to utilise this apu. And there is very little information on it. But it is quite interesting to say the least.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 03:36:04 pm by dilemina »

Cchaffin

just received mine!!
bought it from seller demore  on amazon it showed all black version but i recived the red buttons and red joysticks. which imo looks better 

feels ok. not high quality but not super low quality ether. quite light just by itself.
extends pretty wide max of 28cm
but wont hold a phone portrait (phones are too narrow) with out some mickey mousing
just for people who plan on using with both android and ios  FYI NOT MFI COMPATIBLE unless you have jailbroken your ios.
if you have a bulky case it wont hold it well
i dont play enough fps for the deadzone to bug me
for me setup is app by app (or game by game) basis   hit or miss
but i like it enough i probably wont return it just have to fiddle around with it a bit more

any other questions anyone has ill be sure to post my opinion

shinkamui

Replaced the right analog with the stick from the ps3 sixaxis.  The deadzones are a product of a very poor pair of potentiometers.  The bad bit of this is that they tried to work around it with some poor firmware signal mapping.  The result is a tiny deadzone, but full extension of the stick at about 3/5ths its travel distance.  Much better than it was, but not good by any means.

nielo360 (OP)

Replaced the right analog with the stick from the ps3 sixaxis.  The deadzones are a product of a very poor pair of potentiometers.  The bad bit of this is that they tried to work around it with some poor firmware signal mapping.  The result is a tiny deadzone, but full extension of the stick at about 3/5ths its travel distance.  Much better than it was, but not good by any means.

pretty cool stuff!

The-Lord

Can you provide more details on it? Maybe a small guide of sorts. I would like to do that as well.

BillyBong

my controller hasn't been working right since the shield tablet updated to Android Lollipop.  Controller still connects and pairs to the tablet just fine, but none of the button configurations are correct anymore.  Don't know if this is a bluetooth issue on Android L, a bluetooth issue on my tablet, or a software issue with the controller.

anyone experiencing the same thing?

SS4Panda

my controller hasn't been working right since the shield tablet updated to Android Lollipop.  Controller still connects and pairs to the tablet just fine, but none of the button configurations are correct anymore.  Don't know if this is a bluetooth issue on Android L, a bluetooth issue on my tablet, or a software issue with the controller.

anyone experiencing the same thing?

Hi BillyBong,

I asked your question on the shield tablet oficial forum ( I didn't update to lollipop , I'm still on kitkat), and I don't think they have your problem.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/790682/shield-tablet/ipega-9023-vs-nvidia-shield-controller/

Post a new topic