Author Topic: Android Emulator overview - share your preferred setup  (Read 72711 times)

Re: Android Emulator overview - share your preferred setup
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2012, 01:29:59 pm »
Android Emulator Test Videos (on JXD S5110)

Gensoid - Sega Mega Drive (Genesis)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI0Ux9YyogI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI0Ux9YyogI</a>

SNesoid - Super Nintedo (SNES)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A_Wqfr2hdk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A_Wqfr2hdk</a>

GameBoid - Gameboy Advance (GBA)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDd5fQ6y8nQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDd5fQ6y8nQ</a>

I'll update this post as I video more emulators :-).

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:04:34 pm by AGadgetsUK »

jweck (OP)

Android Emulator overview - share your preferred setup
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2012, 09:47:57 pm »
Cheers, mate. This is highly appreciated. Having this video reviews is a very good idea

lemonlimer

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2012, 07:19:47 am »
Can we sticky this at the top of thread? It was pretty buried and is helpful.

10basetom

• tohodo.com
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 07:25:11 pm »
Please add sections for Atari 8-Bit, Intellivision, and Odyssey˛. MSX should also be moved out from ColecoVision and put into its own section.

I'm also in agreement that Robert Broglia makes the best emulators for Android _if_ you put emulation accuracy above everything else. He really knows his stuff, and his stuff is worth the price.

P.S. You know what else would be very helpful? Compiling a list of all the top Android games with virtual controls that we can map to the physical keys using key mapping software used in the JXD S601, S602, and upcoming Archos GamePad. Maybe this can be added as another sticky thread. There are probably tons of Android games out there that are a pain to play because they only support virtual controls, and now they can be revisited and enjoyed much more after having mapped the virtual controls to physical buttons.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:41:20 pm by 10basetom »

jimhof

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2012, 02:56:04 am »
Sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong spot here.

On the YDPG16 and YDPG19, etc., I have installed the ColEm coleco emulator which will start "with no file selected" which boots the emulator, but...

I have tried and tried to get it to see coleco roms I downloaded but it does not seem to see them.

Anyone know what file extension they are supposed to be in? Has anyone out there gotten this to run who can help me?

Colecovision anyone?

thx in advance!

2blackbar

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2012, 03:54:33 pm »
***oid emulators dont support some games, i tried kirby on snes and it doesnt support the game on snesoid, it works fine under snes9x EX emulator, also i prefere to use NES.emu and MD.emu applications for nes and megadrive because i noticed some problems sometimes on gensoid and nesoid when i pressed the screen and it didnt accepted input, so when you want to jump over something and you touch button on screen but it doesnt register then its not nice, dont happen too often but it happens with ***oid emulators.

Pingouin

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 12:05:58 am »
Anyone got an Amiga 500 emulator running?
I tried both UAE4Droid and Omega 500, with different versions of kick.rom (1.2, 1.3, 3.1), and couldn't even get the Amiga to boot at all  :(

*EDIT* Also, the first post just made me realise MD.emu supports SMS ROMs, neat! How come it doesn't support GameGear though? Or maybe that's something better asked to the author.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:04:26 am by Pingouin »

uchuff

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 07:20:36 pm »
*EDIT* Also, the first post just made me realise MD.emu supports SMS ROMs, neat! How come it doesn't support GameGear though? Or maybe that's something better asked to the author.

My understanding is that the MegaDrive/Genesis contained Master System hardware but not GameGear hardware. The GameGear actually had an expanded colour palette over the Genesis.

Pingouin

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 09:48:37 pm »
My understanding is that the MegaDrive/Genesis contained Master System hardware but not GameGear hardware. The GameGear actually had an expanded colour palette over the Genesis.

Ah, I was asking because my understanding was that the GameGear hardware was identical to the SMS hardware, except for the video output.
Actually, I just tried this: copied Baku Baku Gamegear version, renamed it, loaded it with MD.emu, and it does work except for the colour palette.

About the Amiga emulator (UAE4Droid), nevermind what I said: it DOES work, but it's very VERY slow to load, and the stock UAE option to speed up the floppy drive is unfortunately not available in the Android port :(

Rosenkranz

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 11:51:25 pm »
Anyone got an Amiga 500 emulator running?
I tried both UAE4Droid and Omega 500, with different versions of kick.rom (1.2, 1.3, 3.1), and couldn't even get the Amiga to boot at all  :(

You should try this emulator that is finally being worked on for android:
http://anddev.at.ua/load/emulators/uae4all2_sdl_pandora_edition/2-1-0-20

It is Uae4all2 that is made for Pandora and is ported to android  ;D. I am confused why anyone didn't write about it on this forum yet. Last update on 15.12.2012.

Pingouin

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 10:43:23 pm »

It is Uae4all2 that is made for Pandora and is ported to android  ;D. I am confused why anyone didn't write about it on this forum yet. Last update on 15.12.2012.

Thanks, but it's worse in that it was the most PITA to configure, and then it didn't work at all :( The only good thing I can say about it is that it recognises the dpad and X button natively. I guess it may be good on Pandora, but it obviously hasn't been designed to work on anything else (c.f. resolution for instance).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:44:58 pm by Pingouin »

Rosenkranz

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2013, 12:40:43 am »

Thanks, but it's worse in that it was the most PITA to configure, and then it didn't work at all :( The only good thing I can say about it is that it recognises the dpad and X button natively. I guess it may be good on Pandora, but it obviously hasn't been designed to work on anything else (c.f. resolution for instance).

I know, it doesn't work so good at this time.  :(
But it is the only free Amiga emulator that is been worked on. I will keep an eye on this emulator because I think that they will make it more compatible. I was really surprised that they made kickroms downloadable. I had so much problems to pick the good kickrom for UAEforDroid that would work.

bamboori

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2013, 10:47:21 pm »
Nds4droid is a very nice nds emulator with decent speed and Compatibility.
it's free.
It's still a wip,  But a very good one.

hiredgun

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2013, 06:20:46 pm »
To all you Mega Drive fans out there I was just wondering which emulator is your favorite. Sound isn't a big deal for me because I always play where there is a lot of racket and don't use sound anyways. But, speed is very important to me. I'd like it to be as close to full speed as possible!

skelton

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2013, 06:35:01 pm »
To all you Mega Drive fans out there I was just wondering which emulator is your favorite. Sound isn't a big deal for me because I always play where there is a lot of racket and don't use sound anyways. But, speed is very important to me. I'd like it to be as close to full speed as possible!

MD.EMU is the best option for me (also includes SMS and SegaCD)
Retired

Post a new topic